The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I got the 4 week email today for BSc in Environment and Development. Anyone else in the same boat or received an offer yet?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Akhil1999.gs
Guys I got my 8th week mail on 7/11 and I havent received the 4th week mail today. I applied for bsc finance and I am an international (Indian) who need to take UGAA. Did anyone got 4 week mail today, someone of my stats as I am freaking out that I haven't received one

You still have a week before you get the 4 week email :smile:
Original post by TheRandomGenius
Yes there have been quite a few rejections already...

As to the significance and whether it means we have a better /worse chance, no on knows I'm afraid

Literally sums up the whole LSE admissions process, we know feck all! So nerve-wracking!
Original post by rolaah
You still have a week before you get the 4 week email :smile:

That's strange... I thought that I had another week too left of my 8 weeks (as I got it on the 7th, same as him)

Weirdly though, I got my 4 week email today... This is for maths with Economics
That's strange... I thought that I had another week too left of my 8 weeks (as I got it on the 7th, same as him)

Actually I think the reason he hasn't heard may be because he has to sit the UGAA first before he gets an offer.

Just counted the number of weeks again, I miscounted lol - yeah you should have received your 4 week today!
Original post by rolaah
Just counted the number of weeks again, I miscounted lol - yeah you should have received your 4 week today!

Oh I counted them being closed for two 'weeks' over Christmas... That means they were only closed for one then
Just got the 4 week email, the exact day my 8 weeks were up.
Original post by Patrick-Bateman
Just got the 4 week email, the exact day my 8 weeks were up.

Did you get the 8 weeks on 7/11?
Oh I counted them being closed for two 'weeks' over Christmas... That means they were only closed for one then

same I made the same mistake :tongue:
Hello, I am an international applicant for a BA in IR. I just received a mail telling me that my application is currently under initial review. I send my application the 23rd of decembre and I would like to know when will I know if my application require further assessment. I also don't understant what does the 8week mail and 4four week mails mean. Thanks a lot !
Original post by lsealsewannabe
Hello, I am an international applicant for a BA in IR. I just received a mail telling me that my application is currently under initial review. I send my application the 23rd of decembre and I would like to know when will I know if my application require further assessment. I also don't understant what does the 8week mail and 4four week mails mean. Thanks a lot !

Hello!
The 8-week email comes after the initial review. I suppose the LSE admission process involves multiple levels, so it's like passing levels to reach the ultimate prize of an offer. Some applicants have received 4-week emails but the exact significance of these emails is still quite ambiguous!

All the best

P.S are you French?
Original post by rolaah
Did you get the 8 weeks on 7/11?

No, 31/10.
Original post by AleeshaTessarinaFrankel
Hello!
The 8-week email comes after the initial review. I suppose the LSE admission process involves multiple levels, so it's like passing levels to reach the ultimate prize of an offer. Some applicants have received 4-week emails but the exact significance of these emails is still quite ambiguous!

All the best

P.S are you French?

Oh okay thanks a lot for your answer, so it means that I must wait 8 weeks to know if my application requires further assessment ? And yes I am french, I wrote " decembre", well spotted !
Hey. I'm a Norwegian student and I just received the 4 week mail, exactly 7 weeks after the 8 week one (21.11). Although there is no formal way of converting Norwegian grades, they are basically the same as 11 A*s and 1 A. Does anyone know what this 4 week mail means for my chances of being accepted, and how difficult it is for international (non-IB) students to get accepted?
Reply 1795
Original post by tarjerw
Hey. I'm a Norwegian student and I just received the 4 week mail, exactly 7 weeks after the 8 week one (21.11). Although there is no formal way of converting Norwegian grades, they are basically the same as 11 A*s and 1 A. Does anyone know what this 4 week mail means for my chances of being accepted, and how difficult it is for international (non-IB) students to get accepted?

Don't you have to take the UGAA test (I don't remember if this is what it is called, and I don't bother checking)? I have heard about a few Norwegians making it into British universities with big names, but I don't know how common it is. Which course are you applying for?
Original post by IDKY
Don't you have to take the UGAA test (I don't remember if this is what it is called, and I don't bother checking)? I have heard about a few Norwegians making it into British universities with big names, but I don't know how common it is. Which course are you applying for?

Economics, and my PS is for economics. And yes, I they said I might have to take the UGAA and potentially a English proficiency test.
Is the 4 week e-mail the e-mail letting us know about the 2 week holiday delay?
Reply 1798
Original post by Cleptide
Is the 4 week e-mail the e-mail letting us know about the 2 week holiday delay?

Nope, it's another one saying that you'll be considered in a gathered field!
Do all of the departments send out the four week email? I'm 5/6 weeks into my 8 week email and haven't received anything looking to do Economic History

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending