The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Slash's new album - buy it. Along with his 'Contraband' album with Velvet Revolver, it's the best thing he's done since his Guns N' Roses days.

(edited 11 years ago)
Rock bands that have albums out this year (what I've ascertained from listening to Planet Rock) :

Aerosmith
Rush
Europe
Slash
Down

As a fleeting fan of Aerosmith and Down, it'll be interesting to see what they've got this year. The rest I can take or leave.
New Slash album is good.
Reply 6743
Original post by concubine
Good album. Backed hard. With my penis. Which is always hard. Because I'm a men.

These guys sound kinda like Altar of Plagues meets Deathspell Omega. Maybe with some Shining. And they're really good.

Off the top of my head the only Russian BM I can think of that's better is Walknut.

Well, this is absolutely amazing! It's really rare that I find metal, let alone black metal, that I dig these days, but this is utterly faultless! The only other black metal band I got into recently was Apati. So much generic rubbish out there that bands like these are special!
Original post by fnm
dunno if theres any melvins fans here but...new album

Yes I love the melvins :colone:
Reply 6745
I suppose this is a fine opportunity for me to whore my DSBM band again, hah...

Give us a listen if you can be bothered. :wink: If you like depressive black metal, you probably won't be disappointed...
Original post by Atomik
I suppose this is a fine opportunity for me to whore my DSBM band again, hah...

Give us a listen if you can be bothered. :wink: If you like depressive black metal, you probably won't be disappointed...

I have the split with Austere. GOOD STUFF MAYN.

What do you do?
Reply 6747
I have the split with Austere. GOOD STUFF MAYN.

What do you do?

Nice one!

I'm the vocalist, innit. Dying to do some more black metal vocals but only want to do them with Lyrinx. Unfortunately the project has been on hiatus for a number of years. Spoke to the guitarist earlier and he said something will happen one day, but he's been saying this since 2008, so who knows... :\
Original post by Atomik
Nice one!

I'm the vocalist, innit. Dying to do some more black metal vocals but only want to do them with Lyrinx. Unfortunately the project has been on hiatus for a number of years. Spoke to the guitarist earlier and he said something will happen one day, but he's been saying this since 2008, so who knows... :\

dat sux

Probably the best band of that style from the UK that I can think of. Well, tied with Self Inflicted Violence. The vocals are very good. I dunno if it's that my tastes have changed but I used to be very indifferent or disliking or most DSBM vocals. Most of the problem is, I think, that bands have a tendency to mix them ridiculously loud. With the very rare exceptions where the drummer is super awesome metal has always been primarily about guitars for me.
Original post by Atomik
Nice one!

IT'S YOU! I've been trying to remember who you were for ages since you told me I should listen to Lyrinx.
Reply 6750
Probably the best band of that style from the UK that I can think of. Well, tied with Self Inflicted Violence. The vocals are very good. I dunno if it's that my tastes have changed but I used to be very indifferent or disliking or most DSBM vocals. Most of the problem is, I think, that bands have a tendency to mix them ridiculously loud. With the very rare exceptions where the drummer is super awesome metal has always been primarily about guitars for me.

Thanks very much, dude. Such comments mean a lot to me!

I'm VERY picky with vocals. There are a lot of DSBM bands out there who use very typical raspy vocals and I find them terribly boring. I love powerful black metal wails/screams. I think Neige is the master of black metal vocals...

Original post by Drunk Punx
IT'S YOU! I've been trying to remember who you were for ages since you told me I should listen to Lyrinx.

...and now you remember. :biggrin: Hahah. I remember speaking to you a long time ago, aye. Still listening to DSBM?
Might see these guys tonight:
http://soundcloud.com/wode/last-days
Original post by Manitude
Might see these guys tonight:
http://soundcloud.com/wode/last-days

Left after the second support act. Had stuff to do. Durge were good though.
I can't be the only one who loves Silencer's vocals.
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
I can't be the only one who loves Silencer's vocals.

I used to, when I was into that stuff.
Though 'like' is perhaps not the right word to use...they felt 'right'.
[INDENT]
Original post by + polarity -

Damn that sucks, I hope they get the stuff back
I feel their pain, really sucks. I hope they get their stuff back, unfortunately I doubt I can be much assistance. Other thing to remember is that the instruments are still 'hot' so might not go on sale for months.
Stealing instruments should be punishable with castration. And then death by suffocation with the genitals.

Took me way too long to get around to listening to this.
That Solstafir is one of the few 'pure' folk metal albums I like.

Latest