The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by RetroRae
I have not heard anything. It that for HO?

This is for campaign csl/1320/16 ho retro rae. When did you apply?
September
Original post by RetroRae
September

If you only applied in Sept then it won't be csr1320/16
Original post by HammerThyme
If you only applied in Sept then it won't be csr1320/16

Good luck to all starting in Belfast tomorrow..see you all at 10am....
Original post by Percypig79
Good luck to all starting in Belfast tomorrow..see you all at 10am....

A bit harsh mate!

I'll not be starting, and to be honest I doubt many who are will be on here much now; it's just the unfortunates here now!

But good for you! I hope it goes well!
Reply 645
I'm still here! Second in line for a job in Bradford.......huge sigh
Reply 646
Original post by Toni58
I'm still here! Second in line for a job in Bradford.......huge sigh

Toni have you heard anything from HMRC?
Reply 647
Original post by Riz101
Toni have you heard anything from HMRC?

Hi riz
I've been emailing people for a while now asking for answers. I was put in touch with the campaign manager. She stated I was second in the "merit" list for Bradford and first for Leeds. She couldn't tell me how long that might take. Just they are waiting for a request from the planners. I asked why I was recruited when clearly there are no vacs and many more questions and am still waiting for answers.
Original post by Toni58
Hi riz
I've been emailing people for a while now asking for answers. I was put in touch with the campaign manager. She stated I was second in the "merit" list for Bradford and first for Leeds. She couldn't tell me how long that might take. Just they are waiting for a request from the planners. I asked why I was recruited when clearly there are no vacs and many more questions and am still waiting for answers.

Some interesting questions there. I'd be surprised if they do answer those. My guess is they will blame CSR and pass the buck who " conducts the recruitment campaigns " bla bla bla
Original post by Toni58
Hi riz

If you are second in line I wouldn't be worried. You should get a Formal Offer in that case. The only thing that may change that if more people drop into the deployment pool with higher scores then the longer you are not placed - the more likely you'll drop form 2nd to 3rd 6th 10th etc. Part of the farce in this process. A Campaign should have been exhausted before starting another.
Reply 651
Got a generic cs email today about the lack of accommodation for us that are left...and so on...anyone else get it?
Reply 652
Get Outlook for Android

Subject: CSR/1320/16

Dear

Re: CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery).

The vacancy holder for the above HMRC campaign has asked us to provide an update on your application and they have provided the following message.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work through the recruitment process for the above campaign, which is part of one of the largest recruitment exercises in the department’s history.

We are sorry that it is taking longer than expected to go through the pre-employment checking/appointment process and appreciate this may have caused frustration for you.

We want you to have the best possible experience when you join us but we are currently dealing with accommodation issues in your preferred location and are working to resolve these as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this does mean that we can’t confirm arrangements for your appointment at this time. Once again, we are sorry for the delay and will keep you updated with progress.

Kind regards,

CS Resourcing Recruitment Team on behalf of HMRC.
Reply 653
Original post by Toni58
Get Outlook for Android

Dear

Re: CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery).

The vacancy holder for the above HMRC campaign has asked us to provide an update on your application and they have provided the following message.
Thank you for your continued patience as we work through the recruitment process for the above campaign, which is part of one of the largest recruitment exercises in the department’s history.

We are sorry that it is taking longer than expected to go through the pre-employment checking/appointment process and appreciate this may have caused frustration for you.

We want you to have the best possible experience when you join us but we are currently dealing with accommodation issues in your preferred location and are working to resolve these as soon as possible. Unfortunately, this does mean that we can’t confirm arrangements for your appointment at this time. Once again, we are sorry for the delay and will keep you updated with progress.

Kind regards,

I've had a chat with someone from resource and said there is no issue with places in Leeds
Original post by Toni58
Get Outlook for Android

Dear

Kind regards,

Yes, received the same one yesterday for Liverpool.
Reply 655
I'm first on the waiting list for Leeds. Surely if there were placed I'd have my start date? This place tells people different things
Original post by Toni58
I'm first on the waiting list for Leeds. Surely if there were placed I'd have my start date? This place tells people different things

How many are taken on at any one time? The December e-mail talked about "cohorts" so it may well be they have a figure e.g. 10 they have to reach in order to bring in a batch of new people - so even if there is 1,2,3 or even 4 spaces in a location - they won't take on any until they have 10 per cohort as a minimum? It's just a guess, it may be different maybe someone can say for sure
Reply 657
Im internal and called the recruitment and campaigns team who do the planning and send formal offers, the information I was given was that there are no accommodation issues in Leeds.
(edited 7 years ago)
Some Breaking News this morning regarding a number of locations - the ones currently experiencing accommodation issues in particular. I have made a discovery As we all know, they don't currently have the estate available to accommodate the perpetual flow of applicants entering the deployment pool on a daily basis. What's new today - this is no longer just applicable to the current estate. They have over-estimated staff requirements for the NEW REGIONAL CENTRES in some of these locations with accommodation space issues by up to 25% in some cases. This would represent perhaps one of the biggest public sector cock-ups in modern times. I am still seeking to get to the bottom of it.
Original post by Jamz115
Some Breaking News this morning regarding a number of locations - the ones currently experiencing accommodation issues in particular. I have made a discovery As we all know, they don't currently have the estate available to accommodate the perpetual flow of applicants entering the deployment pool on a daily basis. What's new today - this is no longer just applicable to the current estate. They have over-estimated staff requirements for the NEW REGIONAL CENTRES in some of these locations with accommodation space issues by up to 25% in some cases. This would represent perhaps one of the biggest public sector cock-ups in modern times. I am still seeking to get to the bottom of it.

Why are you bothering to post this on every thread. No one believes a thing you say 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending