Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied for this role received any response? I believe we were asked to complete a competency question based on making effective decisions, this was followed by an online situational judgment test.

ReputationRep:
    There are already three or four threads for these type of jobs. Most of your answers will be on there.*

Someone needs amalgamate all these threads. *

ReputationRep:
    I emailed last week and they said candidates are being reviewed and we should know if we're successful by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega0448)
    There are already three or four threads for these type of jobs. Most of your answers will be on there.*

Someone needs amalgamate all these threads. *
    I did look through the other threads, but my main intention was to keep up-to-date with this current campaign. People commenting from different caimpaigns on one thread can become confusing. As some people will be receiving offers and other just at the application stage. As is unfortunately the case with tsp thread.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for this too, passed the sift test (1st time - i've taken it twice before!) it says their reviewing my application. I imagine there was quiet a high volume of applicants. Fingers crossed we hear soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahj9)
    I emailed last week and they said candidates are being reviewed and we should know if we're successful by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!
    Tomorrow is the deadline for there response, however im starting to think they won't keep there word

ReputationRep:
    just got an email from them, they have now changed handing out results to mid next week.

ReputationRep:
    Did you approach them first? Just wondering as I haven't received any email correspondence since I submitted the online test.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received anything today either. This waiting is awful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shalin1)
    Did you approach them first? Just wondering as I haven't received any email correspondence since I submitted the online test.
    yes, i emailed them using the email provide on the job advert

ReputationRep:
    I've hear nothing either - been checking my email all day :-/ Thanks for the updates! I will force myself not to check
    until mid-week :-)

ReputationRep:
    Having applied in the previous two campaigns, don't expect anything within normal or stated timescales. Get used to lots of waiting haha.

ReputationRep:
    This makes me feel a lot better, I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they replied if i was successful I would hear by the end of this week. Ended up hearing nothing, but if you guys are in the same boat then I'll not write it off just yet!

ReputationRep:
    From the other threads it looks like the dates for hearing something always get put back, so it can take months to hear if you've got an interview, then months to hear if you're successful.... or not !!
    Other Civil Service seem more organised so I won't be putting my life on hold and will accept the first offer. HMRC's loss is someone else's gain is how I see it :-)

ReputationRep:
    I got my results .... unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filedundermisc)
    I got my results .... unsuccessful.
    Keep plugging away when vacancies arrive, experience counts for a lot I feel in these sorts of things. I still haven't heard a thing 😣

ReputationRep:
    I got unsuccessful. I scored 2 this time around. Better than last time as I scored 1. Never got proper feedback this time which is disappointing!*

ReputationRep:
    The guidance around providing feedback on the sift has changed unfortunately. Feedback will no longer be provided unless you reach the interview stage.

Personally I think this is a backwards step as you then have no way of knowing what/how to improve

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca_:))
    I got unsuccessful. I scored 2 this time around. Better than last time as I scored 1. Never got proper feedback this time which is disappointing!*
    Same score :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filedundermisc)
    Same score :-(
    i think something is up with this as i also scored 2. passed the last time and got 92% on this test.... i have emailed them as i think a mistake may have been made.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 27, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.