The Student Room Group

A level choices

Hiyaa, I'm kind of undecided as to my a level choices at the moment as I am doing Economics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology but I think I am going to do Economics or something finance related for a career. As with any subject, they require effort but I don't know whether or not it's worth taking biology. Would English Literature be an appropriate choice, because I would prefer to have a more essay based a level?

And out of curiosity, what are you thinking about doing for a level/have you taken?
Original post by jesssaimeex
Hiyaa, I'm kind of undecided as to my a level choices at the moment as I am doing Economics, Maths, Chemistry and Biology but I think I am going to do Economics or something finance related for a career. As with any subject, they require effort but I don't know whether or not it's worth taking biology. Would English Literature be an appropriate choice, because I would prefer to have a more essay based a level?

And out of curiosity, what are you thinking about doing for a level/have you taken?

To be honest, economic, maths and chemistry easily make you competitive to apply for finance/economics at uni. Don't put yourself through the pain of bio unless you really need it. Although do bio would keep your options open, just in case you decided you wanted to go down a more scientific path. I did bio, chem, maths and geog.
Reply 2
I took biology chemistry and pe I would only take biology if it's something you are really passionate about as its a lot of work as you need to remember A LOT of stuff more than my other two a-levels and is very time consuming so if you're not that interested I wouldn't take it hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you want to go into some finance / maths related I think Biology is useless, although it is a highly respected subject, while I don't know about Eng lit, I don't see why it would be a problem. It might be handy to do further maths if you're looking to do something like economics.

This September, I'm going to be doing Maths, further maths, Government and politics then either History or Computer science.
Original post by jesssaimeex

i did phys chem biol maths psychology

i wished i had ALSO done economics, politics, history, computing

what im trying to say is that i dont like the school system - so restricted. :angry:. not real education.... :-( :frown:

sry im just sharing my thoughts:wink:

Quick Reply

Latest