Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Hospital pharmacy Pre-registration Applications (Pharmalife) 2017/2018

ReputationRep:
    I noticed that there hadn't been a thread open this year for Pharmalife applicants so thought I would create one to see how applications are going.

Let's help each other with whatever we know and hopefully we'll be that bit more prepared come interview time!

Just started my application and haven't decided where I'm going to apply yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicguru)
    I noticed that there hadn't been a thread open this year for Pharmalife applicants so thought I would create one to see how applications are going.

Let's help each other with whatever we know and hopefully we'll be that bit more prepared come interview time!

Just started my application and haven't decided where I'm going to apply yet.
    Awesome

I've started filling out all of the mundane info like education etc., but haven't actually started writing any of the answers to the profile questions

Thinking of applying to:

The London Collaboration (top choice)
    UCL Partners
    Kent, Surrey, Sussex
    Undecided :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    Awesome

I've started filling out all of the mundane info like education etc., but haven't actually started writing any of the answers to the profile questions

Thinking of applying to:

The London Collaboration (top choice)
    UCL Partners
    Kent, Surrey, Sussex
    Undecided :/
    Did you get any experience? I have none so I hope that doesn't hold me back!
    I wanted to apply for The London Collaboration but I figured it will be the most difficult to get. Your choices seem good though
    I heard east midlands is easiest so I might apply there. So hard to pick just 4!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicguru)
    Did you get any experience? I have none so I hope that doesn't hold me back!
    I wanted to apply for The London Collaboration but I figured it will be the most difficult to get. Your choices seem good though
    I heard east midlands is easiest so I might apply there. So hard to pick just 4!
    Yup, got 4 weeks at a large teaching hospital in London. Unfortunately it means almost **** all as I can't apply to that hospital directly as it's in The London Collaboration

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what they want us to write about in the 'what you've gained in your experience' section? What key things make applications stand out?

ReputationRep:
    Heyy everyone..hows the application going?? Thought it was just me that had left it quite late 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YonceLikeLiquor)
    Does anyone know what they want us to write about in the 'what you've gained in your experience' section? What key things make applications stand out?
    As obvious as this sounds they just want to see that you actually learnt something on any placement that you've done

ReputationRep:
    Slightly off topic: Anyone applied to PRPS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farmacee)
    Slight off topic: Anyone applied to PRPS?
    Yup. Got an interview.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone really know how to go about applying for KSS and TLC I feel like my answer to question 5 is quite generic, it's so hard to make it specific

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manny17)
    Does anyone really know how to go about applying for KSS and TLC I feel like my answer to question 5 is quite generic, it's so hard to make it specific
    No idea - at least you're in a much better place than I am - all I've done so far is written answers for the first 3 questions, I haven't touched the hobbies and the long final question, or that other one that is supposed to summarise what you've gained collectively from all of our work experience... starting to feel as if I've left this too late now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegodofgod)
    No idea - at least you're in a much better place than I am - all I've done so far is written answers for the first 3 questions, I haven't touched the hobbies and the long final question, or that other one that is supposed to summarise what you've gained collectively from all of our work experience... starting to feel as if I've left this too late now
    It's the final question that I'm finding a killer. I haven't done the summarise what you've gained collectively from all of your work experience I don't even know where that question is :s You still have just a bit over two weeks just need to power through and you can definitely get it done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manny17)
    It's the final question that I'm finding a killer. I haven't done the summarise what you've gained collectively from all of your work experience I don't even know where that question is :s You still have just a bit over two weeks just need to power through and you can definitely get it done
    Yeah, the summarising work experience question is at the end of the CV section of the application. I guess so - but working full time on weekdays is killing me so I have no drive/motivation to work on the profile questions when I get home, and because it's summer, I always seem to have plans with friends or family on weekends :/

And I'm the not type that can sit down and bang it all out in one go - I have to spend like an hour or so a day over several weeks (including a LOT of procrastination time) to actually produce something decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neldee95)
    Yup. Got an interview.
    Same. Did you meet many providers this summer?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Been starting my pharmalife application.

Please help or share info/advice.

What kind of examples would be ok for the professional judgement questions?

For the hobbies one, should we say how this has helped or whats its taught us? Or literally list what I like to do?

Any tips on making the personal statement unique so it stands out? Are you doing one per hospital?

Any answers are much appreciated and I hope you all get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys does anyone know what to say about the first profile question where we have 'demonstrated behaviour consistent with expected pharmacy professional'

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayman93)
    Hi guys does anyone know what to say about the first profile question where we have 'demonstrated behaviour consistent with expected pharmacy professional'

thanks

I think just that your were understanding and kind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeredithGrey13)
    Hi,

Been starting my pharmalife application.

Please help or share info/advice.

What kind of examples would be ok for the professional judgement questions?

For the hobbies one, should we say how this has helped or whats its taught us? Or literally list what I like to do?

Any tips on making the personal statement unique so it stands out? Are you doing one per hospital?

Any answers are much appreciated and I hope you all get what you want.
    Anywhere you've done an intervention
    Hobbies - Literally list as many as you can.Really understand the department and how they work, so you can tailor it to each individual trust

(Original post by rayman93)

thanks
    Anything that abides by NHS values

ReputationRep:
    Just submitted! I feel kinda sick ugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEM AND BIO TIME!)
    Just submitted! I feel kinda sick ugh
    What hospitals have you applied for?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: January 4, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.