The Student Room Group

Offered cereal for breakfast, insulting!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by T-Raw
Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not suitable prospective inlaws, I'm afraid.
(edited 7 years ago)
They are keeping better breakfast for the right guy :colonhash: I guess you're only worth a cereal breakfast then :teehee:
Reply 22
Original post by T-Raw
Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning

Thats your problem right there, you expect too much. Who do you think you are EXPECTING a full-English? You're dating their daughter meaning you should be the one kissing their ass, not the other way around. They don't need to do sh-t for you because they don't need to make you to like them.
(edited 7 years ago)
I really don't get your issue at all.

I stayed at a relatives earlier this year. Because I was doing a marathon, I took some of my own breakfast. I was offered weetabix. That is fine and I know most people would offer cereal. When I housesat for my parents, I had cereal.
Original post by T-Raw
Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ha ha - you were lucky YOU were not the breakfast - all my son's girlfriends have ended up in a casserole
If I was given a full English breakfast i would be worried about their health. Anyway, how ungrateful to be critical of their welcoming you into their home.
Reply 26
Original post by barnetlad
If I was given a full English breakfast i would be worried about their health. Anyway, how ungrateful to be critical of their welcoming you into their home.

What's wrong with a full English?:eek:

But OP, stop being a spoilt brat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaaaaa I'd rather have cocopops than snails tho looool
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I went to a middle class person's household for a sleep over and those cheeky ****ers gave me supermarket brand cereal but put it in their own reusable box like wtf.

Oooooh awkward
All of my cereals are in special plastic cereal containers so you can't tell if it's supermarket brand or the real deal 😏😏😏
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by T-Raw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insulting? No.
hahah yh I guess so ; most european cities are pretty similar yet the Mc Donald's always tastes a bit different. I went to america last year and went to this breakfast place and had pancakes with strawberries which was great but the portion was too big so I couldn't finish it -__-
it was really nice but the pancakes were massive and there were 3 of them and then there was like 15 massive strawberries on top !
I eat cereal for breakfast every day.
You're lucky you got breakfast!
Original post by Trapz99
I eat cereal for breakfast every day.

yh same ; what is your favourite cereal ? Mine is probably weetabix or cocopops
Sigh

Quick Reply

Latest