The Student Room Group

Msc Real Estate in Europe

Hi! Im new to the forum but been reading it for a long time. I'm interested in doing a Msc Real Estate, preferably in Europe due to the high costs in tuition in USA. I have read that the best masters in real estate are in UK: University of Reading, UCL, Cambridge, LSE.
Maybe some of you know a bit of the programs, there's not too much info on the web and i would like some direction or advise. If you know other good programs i would be glad to hear about them.

Background: 26 years old, Msc Finance, from Chile. Working in one of the biggest real estate investment funds in my country.

Also, Do you need to do the GRE for these programs?

Thank you!!
Reply 1
LSE requires GRE/GMAT. No GRE required for others. Each programme has its concentrations.

MSc Reading is seen as best and focuses on development and surveying, good contacts with private sector firms with international operations (LaSalle, Knight, British Land). The course is tailored to professional body Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). Older and more established programme. Strong alumni base in the industry. See employment report. Putting theory into practice approach.
UCL: Excellent in Urban Planning, architecture and housing, particularly with public sector. the Bartlett school has strong partnerships with various organisations, can do better on the commercial side. An architect friend did MScRE and found the course helpful for a successful career change.
Cambridge: Finance & management. More theoretical.
Original post by franciscogalaz
Hi! Im new to the forum but been reading it for a long time. I'm interested in doing a Msc Real Estate, preferably in Europe due to the high costs in tuition in USA. I have read that the best masters in real estate are in UK: University of Reading, UCL, Cambridge, LSE.
Maybe some of you know a bit of the programs, there's not too much info on the web and i would like some direction or advise. If you know other good programs i would be glad to hear about them.

Background: 26 years old, Msc Finance, from Chile. Working in one of the biggest real estate investment funds in my country.

Also, Do you need to do the GRE for these programs?

Thank you!!

For some perspectives on the Reading MSc programme, check out the following:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=66213325&highlight=

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=65590023&highlight=
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending