The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Parking at Chichester Uni

Hello :smile:

I'm studying Musical Theatre at Chichester this September, and I have been sent an email to say I've been accepted into Stockbridge halls, which is great because I wanted self catering near Chichester, but they say that I can't bring my car into the city which I'm really worried about. First of all I wanted my car to go back home on the weekends etc. and I chose Chichester because it was close enough to drive home (well that's not the whole reason of course!). Also musical theatre is apparently mainly based in the Bognor Regis campus, which is too far of a walk so I would like to be able to drive to the campus. I've requesting a parking permit but I haven't heard anything from it yet.

I was just wondering if they're are many car parks (free or not free) that I could leave my car, or any places just outside the city to park? Thank you for any help :smile:

Kate
Hi, I’m wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem? I’m gonna be in Stockbridge and I’m wanting to bring a car as I live about 300 miles away and i can avoid trains. Where did you park?
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester
Original post by Vitaletty
Hi, I’m wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem? I’m gonna be in Stockbridge and I’m wanting to bring a car as I live about 300 miles away and i can avoid trains. Where did you park?

Hi :smile: I ended up living in a different halls (which is now closed) but it is possible to park near the Stockbridge campus if you're sneaky about it. There's a few street parking places near Stockbridge gardens, which is about 5-10 minutes from the campus over the roundabout, but don't tell the accommodation office about it! Alternatively the new Fishbourne Road halls have loads of street parking right next to it, but if you're happy with Stockbridge then stick with it :smile:
Would you be able to specify which streets please near stockbridge you managed to find free parking?
Original post by kitkatkate281
Hi :smile: I ended up living in a different halls (which is now closed) but it is possible to park near the Stockbridge campus if you're sneaky about it. There's a few street parking places near Stockbridge gardens, which is about 5-10 minutes from the campus over the roundabout, but don't tell the accommodation office about it! Alternatively the new Fishbourne Road halls have loads of street parking right next to it, but if you're happy with Stockbridge then stick with it :smile:

Would you be able to tell me which streets you managed to find parking at for stockbridge?
It is in the Stockbridge Halls tenancy agreement that you are not allowed to bring your car into the city. By advising someone otherwise means you are advising them to breach this. Stockbridge was built close enough to public transport links so the simple answer is don’t choose this accommodation if you have a car you want to bring.
Original post by blackvelvet1
Would you be able to specify which streets please near stockbridge you managed to find free parking?

There are no streets with free parking
Anyone telling you there's no free parking has a hidden agenda. Loads of free parking around Chichester if you are prepared to walk, just use Google maps to find the unrestricted streets or better still email the local council for the up-to-date controlled parking zones. If you've paid your road tax, then you have as much right to park on an unrestricted road for as long as you want as anyone else. Owning a house on a road gives the owner no more rights to park than you. I don't know the rules the Uni have about bringing your car into the city. My guess is that it has no legal standing, just something they have done to appease the council and their neighbours.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending