The Student Room Group
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Chichester with a Disability?

Is anyone willing to weigh in on whether Chichester University is genuinely good at providing reasonable adjustments for disability - and by this I mean in a timely manner (i.e. not like some unis who fudge it after a 2+ month wait once you're already unwell etc.?). Plus anyone prepared to weigh in on the ongoing support and general experience of being a disabled person at Chichester - attitudes of lecturers, getting flexible extensions on deadlines (if, indeed, you need them due to health stuff), the vibe from other students in terms of inclusivity, plus what it's really like to live in Chichester itself with a health condition/ disability and/ or (heaven forbid!) all that long way away in Bognor Regis. Really keen to know more! Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
In terms of accommodation, they are pretty good at giving disabled students the accommodation they need rather than putting them into the lottery system like others students - you just have to reach out to them about it. They also give disabled students the option to stay in halls - I know some students who have lived on campus their whole degree.

With lecturers, it varies from lecturer to lecturer. I know lecturers who are happy to just give extensions and have heard of others that won't when people really need them. It's hit and miss.

The general vibe is alright. I know of a fair few disabled students at the uni and they seem to have about as good a time as anyone else. There are some issues though like the fact the SU building isn't wheelchair accessible (that may get changed in future but at present it's not great) and the lifts in buildings have been out of order a few times.

I would take my opinion with a pinch of salt - I don't have a physical disability so am just going based on sort of what I've heard and seen (and experience with anxiety, which I have DSA for so I got the first choice accommodation and stuff based on those needs).
(edited 1 month ago)
University of Chichester
University of Chichester
Chichester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending