The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Uni London Freshers Megathread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SleepyHawk
Gotchaaaa!
Ahaha daaaamn that's harsh D: does that mean you're gunna move into the halls? idk if i could take the train if it was like, an early morning lecture tbh XD
i suppose we got a few years still to up our cooking skills XD

Yeah, as far as I know you get a few options the uni finds for you, like a whole list which you apply to and then i think the companies pick out applicants? I'm not 100% sure but i think that's how it works
yepp! it's a 3+1 for me, although i'm hoping to do well enough to go for masters so maybe even a 4+1 XD

I've got a few in mind that I'd like to check out, like the games and anime society, abit of a nerd like that XD but then there's a few sports ones that sound like alot of fun, so i'll probs sign up for those during the fresher's fair
have you got anythin in mind?

Nah, 50-55 mins is the most I'd consider travelling while still living at home.
I had to travel 45-50 mins to college so +5 more mins shouldn't make a difference, though I may eat my words in the future. :lol:

Just looked at the timetable hours over the 3 years for my degree and I'm in Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with the occasional 9am-5:30pm. :bawling: Have you checked your timetable rough idea of how many days/hours you'll be at uni for the week? I would have :heart: to finish at 4pm. That's awesome! :smile: I'm just joining my subject -> Physics Society, Anime society and the gym. I doubt I'll be able to juggle anything else esp the time spent commuting back & forth. :sad:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
Hi guys, im going qmul to study maths :biggrin: anyone else?
Reply 22
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I had to travel 45-50 mins to college so +5 more mins shouldn't make a difference, though I may eat my words in the future. :lol:

Just looked at the timetable hours over the 3 years for my degree and I'm in Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with the occasional 9am-5:30pm. :bawling: Have you checked your timetable rough idea of how many days/hours you'll be at uni for the week? I would have :heart: to finish at 4pm. That's awesome! :smile: I'm just joining my subject -> Physics Society, Anime society and the gym. I doubt I'll be able to juggle anything else esp the time spent commuting back & forth. :sad:

where do you check ur timetable?
I will be studying neuroscience anyone else?
Anyone got any advice about finding housing with other first years, as I've missed out on halls. Want to be with other first years though, so as not to miss out on as close to a freshers experience i can get without halls.

Also I don't know whether to buy the bands and stuff, because my place still is not confirmed due to complications with it being my insurance and my firm has yet to reject or accept me.

Ahaha tough life man XD Thinkin of movin out while in uni though? feel like i might do so in 3-4th year just for the year to get the feel of doin stuff myself

Oh i didn't even know you could do that :redface: is it on the qm website?
ohhhh i might catch ya at a few of those then! Oh yeah, im not even sure how long society events last for XD
Original post by Oculuscuscus
BIomedical Sciences!Science buddies hehe :P

Oh my god be my friend:laugh:
Reply 27
Word of warning, QM first year grades are usually worth 10% of the overall final grade (as opposed to not counting at all like other unis). So try make some effort when it comes to your academics.
Original post by NotYaboy
Word of warning, QM first year grades are usually worth 10% of the overall final grade (as opposed to not counting at all like other unis). So try make some effort when it comes to your academics.

Thank you
Will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NotYaboy

Thank you!
Original post by ScaredBanana
Anyone got any advice about finding housing with other first years, as I've missed out on halls. Want to be with other first years though, so as not to miss out on as close to a freshers experience i can get without halls.

Also I don't know whether to buy the bands and stuff, because my place still is not confirmed due to complications with it being my insurance and my firm has yet to reject or accept me.

Where do you buy the bands? It seems like the bands are just for alcohol related activities seems rather pointless for someone who doesn't drink though.
:s-smilie:

Ahaha tough life man XD Thinkin of movin out while in uni though? feel like i might do so in 3-4th year just for the year to get the feel of doin stuff myself

Oh i didn't even know you could do that :redface: is it on the qm website?
ohhhh i might catch ya at a few of those then! Oh yeah, im not even sure how long society events last for XD

Yeah, tuff times makes tuff people. :tongue:
Nah, not at university ... I'm planning on saving couple grand + working a summer job so that once I graduate and land myself a job I'm out of the nest
permanently.

Yeah it is. Sweet! :smile:
Original post by AntgoneRJ
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
How is freshers like at queen mary,is it good?
Original post by AntgoneRJ
??

Sorry nothing it was a mistake haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, tuff times makes tuff people. :tongue:
Nah, not at university ... I'm planning on saving couple grand + working a summer job so that once I graduate and land myself a job I'm out of the nest
permanently.

Yeah it is. Sweet! :smile:

ohoho sounds like a solid plan!
does physics have a placement year kinda thing too?
ohoho sounds like a solid plan!
does physics have a placement year kinda thing too?

Yeah, I asked during the open day that passed by recently.
Yeah, I asked during the open day that passed by recently.

thinkin about takin it?
kinda actually wondering what that'd be like
first thing that really comes to mind is like interning for someone doin research XD
Reply 38
Prospective Computer Science student here.

Has anyone received a welcome email or anything like that yet? I'm not sure if I should be expecting one or...

Also, @XxKingSniprxX, where did you find your timetable?
Original post by Zeus007
Also on the foundation course, hopefully goes well. :smile:

Awesome! Are you an international or UK student?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending