The Student Room Group

results day Q

Say my first choice was AAA and my insurance was ABB. And i got AAB on results day. Could i then reject my insurance and look for a uni that requires AAB?
Reply 1
yeah apparently though it can take a few days for your insurance choice to reject you, so by then the course in clearing you wanted to go to may have been filled up
Original post by jamessmith15
Say my first choice was AAA and my insurance was ABB. And i got AAB on results day. Could i then reject my insurance and look for a uni that requires AAB?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15535-guide-to-clearing

If you change your mind about your firm or insuranceIf you no longer wish to go to your firm and/or insurance but you met the offer (or they're accepting you with lower grades) then you'll have to phone the universities concerned and ask them to release you.

They'll probably want your reasons for doing this, but if you're firm about it they're not going to force you to attend a university you're not fully committed to.

They might not release you straight away and it can take up to a couple of days, so do this as soon as possible so you don't miss out on the best places in Clearing.

Ideally, if you knew that this applied to you then you will already have done it before results day. Once your release has been processed, your Clearing number will show on Track. You can then start phoning around universities for places.

It's too late to be definetly sure you'll be released straight away on results day but phone your insurance now and tell them that you dont want to go there and hopefully it could speed things up for you.
Original post by claireestelle
It's too late to be definetly sure you'll be released straight away on results day but phone your insurance now and tell them that you dont want to go there and hopefully it could speed things up for you.

Think that may be to risky incase i don't find a uni with AAB that i want
Think that may be to risky incase i don't find a uni with AAB that i want

If you're accepted by your insurance then other universities aren't allowed to speak to you about a clearing place until you're officially in clearing.

You have to give up your insurance if you want to try your luck elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest