The Student Room Group

How to do an affordable MA alongside London job?

Maybe I'm being an idealist, but does anyone have any suggestions for this?

I have a job I really like but in many promotion opportunities at organisations elsewhere I see they ask for an MA which I don't have. I'd really like to do something in political communications, international relations or war studies. These would all be relevant and interest me.

Some of the KCL War courses look great and are 100% electronically delivered (http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-courses/international-relations-and-contemporary-war-ma.aspx), but they are so expensive. I've already got the debt of being the first batch of the £9K year so, as you can imagine, I'm hesitant to pile more on.

I just wondered if anyone had any ideas of good courses I could do alongside my job, funding opportunities etc. Obviously I'd really want it to be a prestigious institution too.

Cheers
Reply 1
The Open University is the cheapest place I can think of, and it delivers courses electronically. If you're looking for somewhere a little more prestigious, Birkbeck (part of the University of London) offer evening courses in London from about £2000 a year part time and £4000 a year full time
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending