The Student Room Group

ULaw vs University of Bristol: MA Law Programmes

Hiya,

I want to study the MA Law at either ULaw or Bristol University but am in a bit of a dilemma.

If I were to study at ULaw, I would do the course part-time, so I can continue to work alongside completing the course and would also study it online to give that flexibility. But I also would like to study at Bristol full-time for their MA Law, mainly because I never had a 'university experience' in my undergrad and the programme looks slightly more interesting at Bristol than ULaw - though maybe that reasoning is weak.

I'm not sure what would be best, thinking about the future, I'm currently leaning towards ULaw as I believe that due to my own personal circumstances, I would be able to succeed much more doing the MA there with the flexibility rather than having to deal with the stress that comes with accommodation and everything at Bristol.

Anyways, thanks for any advice!
Reply 1
Original post by LawStudent456
Nah ULaw gotta be making burner accounts to promote their uni at this point 🤣 there’s a new post every week asking about ULaw.

Thank you for the wonderous super helpful advice. Anyways, I came to my own conclusion on the topic after thinking about it some more. It's great to know this isn't the place to come when you want to find information to help make decisions.
Hi Darcy!

I am currently studying the MA Law at ULAW (Bristol Campus) and really enjoy it! Although I do not study it part-time or online, I find that the course is really well-structured as I only need to be on campus two days a week making it easy to have a job alongside of my studies. I have also found that the course has covered the 8 core law topics in great depth and left me feeling more than prepared for my next stage in my legal career! In terms of having flexibility, I know that ULAW's MA aspect of writing the dissertation comes right at the end of the course so you don't have to work on writing a dissertation whilst studying your other modules which I found particularly helpful as it allowed me to focus better on the course material.

Unfortunately, making this decision is always going to be a personal one. I would recommend having a look at the different courses in depth and researching what other aspects both unis offer such as Pro-bono opportunities and societies. I hope this helps you someway in making your decision :smile:

Let me know if I can help further!

Sophie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending