The Student Room Group

The best presents in relationships

Its my boyfriends birthday in september, the day after we both get back from holiday with eachother.

So i was thinking, as we would have already had a holiday, i dont know what to get him as i was going to get a weekend away somewhere but its too close to starting uni etc.

I was thinking (even though its expensive) of buying a day out in a hot air balloon as i think that would be a great present, but some people are different.

I dont know.

Last year i got tickets for a concert for us which was good but i want to get him something different this year.

are the best presents in relationship those that you can keep such as gadgets/clothes etc, or going somewhere special.

i really want to make it special x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I find it really difficult to buy presents for my boyfriend, i have to think about it well in advance.
The hot air balloon sounds like an amzing idea, just as long as he's not scared of heights :P
I know i like present that i can keep, cause they hold good memories, like atheconcert ticket you mentioned.
yeh i know im so confused :smile: thanks for ur help though xx
How about something like paintbaling for him and his mates/mate, some sort of driving package where you frive nice cars round a track(if he can drive), then take him out for dinner aswell, and dayout somewhere?
Bmx18
How about something like paintbaling for him and his mates/mate, some sort of driving package where you frive nice cars round a track(if he can drive), then take him out for dinner aswell, and dayout somewhere?

yeh thats an idea.. :smile: thanks x
No problem :smile:
Reply 6
Depends if he likes gifts, things, or experiences.
skydiving perhaps...
or i dunno if ur boyfriend would like it but last year my girlfriend made a book of all our emails since we started going out and gave it to me. i thought that was pretty cool
Reply 8
Sex?

Wear something really nice and give him a shock. Walk out of the bathroom wearing something just shocking. A whip might help.
Or get him a iPhone. I don't know.
If you can afford it, the balloon thing sounds awesome.

I think memories are more valuable than any material possession.

*throws up into a sick bucket*

Unless there is something he needs/really wants, then an experience would be cool. I'm sure he'll love it, regardless of what it is.
Reply 10
I think experience's are better, because anyone could buy him something materialistic.

If you can't go away for a whole weekend, why not just do a day trip to Paris or somewhere?
Reply 11
The balloon idea is crap...the way to a man's heart is in the gaming industry...Xbox crystal my gf got me for xmas and I loved her for it. So PS3 Xbox 360 Wii...What ever you think he'll like the most. He'll only have eyes for you...and of course the computer screen
Reply 12
leaaa
Its my boyfriends birthday in september, the day after we both get back from holiday with eachother.

So i was thinking, as we would have already had a holiday, i dont know what to get him as i was going to get a weekend away somewhere but its too close to starting uni etc.

I was thinking (even though its expensive) of buying a day out in a hot air balloon as i think that would be a great present, but some people are different.

I dont know.

Last year i got tickets for a concert for us which was good but i want to get him something different this year.

are the best presents in relationship those that you can keep such as gadgets/clothes etc, or going somewhere special.

i really want to make it special x

awwwwwwwwww a hot air balloon day is a great present!!!! i wouldn't mind doing that for my boyfriend now.. i think it's very sweet. and taking him somewhere, in my opinon is nicer than getting a bunch of cd's/dvd's/jewellery/clothes. it's nicer when you enjoy it together
Reply 13
Get him an account on 6pages.com(our site lol)...
Well, for men, whatever you get make sure it can be bloody used again. Something that has a class for men if he is not too young. Your idea sounds too girly to me. Why not spend the money on something he can use after his birthday??
Reply 14
i got my boyfriend a ds lite.. no real reason other than i love him :smile:

birthday presents? meh.. get him some socks. boys love socks.
dans
Depends if he likes gifts, things, or experiences.

That's right
If you don't know what he prefers, ask him hypothetically if he won the lottery or a golden fish gave him a wish etc- how would he spend his money/wish...
If he says "I'll buy me a huge mansion" he is probably a "things" person,
If he says "I'll go to a trip around the world" he is probably an "experiences" person.
Reply 16
surveylyzer
That's right
If you don't know what he prefers, ask him hypothetically if he won the lottery or a golden fish gave him a wish etc- how would he spend his money/wish...
If he says "I'll buy me a huge mansion" he is probably a "things" person,
If he says "I'll go to a trip around the world" he is probably an "experiences" person.

ooh thats a good idea!

yeah see what he likes, if he prefers trips, then do that, and maybe buy a silly little keepsake.. something that has meaning, like i dunno.. if you have a joke about ducks, a little rubber duck.. something random like that.
Id really like the hot air balloon ride.
Its not something many people ever get the oppertunity to do, and it would certainly be something that he would never forget.
Id love it, and id be particually appreciative of the fact that my boyfriend wanted to do something for me that he knew id remember forever.
I think generally the best gifts are experiences and memories rather than material things.
Make him something, put some effort in! I'd be far more appreciative of something that a wench spent a few days hard at work slaving over like good dinner or victory gin.
Tonic
The balloon idea is crap...the way to a man's heart is in the gaming industry...Xbox crystal my gf got me for xmas and I loved her for it. So PS3 Xbox 360 Wii...What ever you think he'll like the most. He'll only have eyes for you...and of course the computer screen

And you think all of us girls can afford those things?
OP, it depends what your boyfriend values more experiences or objects, something i think my boyf would really like is when you go on holiday buy a postcard at each place you go to and write it as if your writing it to him tell him how much you enjoyed it and what you liked best. Then attach them all togther and give them to him as a memory of your holiday and the wonderful time you had together. That counts as an experience and an object.

Latest

Trending

Trending