The Student Room Group

Anyone here with a BMAT score of 7 or above?[Oxford Uni]

I just wanted to know the routine you followed for your preparations for BMAT.
Thanks in Advance :smile:
Hey, I got an average of 7.1 in S1 and S2 last year :smile: the past papers are gold. Do them once, do them twice, do them until you can't benefit from them anymore because you remember the answers. I also practiced with other similar tests like TSA and IMAT. I don't know if this is the ideal technique, but I tried to first do the tests under timed conditions, and after that go them through question by question to analyze my approach and see if there were any shortcuts I missed etc. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by StationToStation
Hey, I got an average of 7.1 in S1 and S2 last year :smile: the past papers are gold. Do them once, do them twice, do them until you can't benefit from them anymore because you remember the answers. I also practiced with other similar tests like TSA and IMAT. I don't know if this is the ideal technique, but I tried to first do the tests under timed conditions, and after that go them through question by question to analyze my approach and see if there were any shortcuts I missed etc. Good luck!

Oh...Thanks a lot.. That was really helpful.. BTW Which Uni do you study in? :smile:
Original post by MainBOI
Oh...Thanks a lot.. That was really helpful.. BTW Which Uni do you study in? :smile:

Nowhere - I'm not British and I decided to make a last minute application to the UK last year (with very little preparation as I was also super busy at school at the moment). The med school admissions process in my country is totally different from that in the UK, so my application overall was not good to british standards. After being rejected post-interview from Oxford, I withdrew my other applications and am now reapplying as a stronger applicant. :smile:
Ensure your knowledge if up to date if you don't do all the sciences.

Agree with past papers.

There are some books which can be useful. I am not up to date enough to recommend any specifically.

Would not recommend courses - way overpriced.
Reply 5
Original post by nexttime
Ensure your knowledge if up to date if you don't do all the sciences.

Agree with past papers.

There are some books which can be useful. I am not up to date enough to recommend any specifically.

Would not recommend courses - way overpriced.

Hey Thanks a lot... My parents wanted to join me in some online course.. but i was reluctant.. This makes my proof more solid thanks..
Reply 6
Original post by StationToStation
Nowhere - I'm not British and I decided to make a last minute application to the UK last year (with very little preparation as I was also super busy at school at the moment). The med school admissions process in my country is totally different from that in the UK, so my application overall was not good to british standards. After being rejected post-interview from Oxford, I withdrew my other applications and am now reapplying as a stronger applicant. :smile:

Best of Luck.. :smile: And thanks for the advice..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending