The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Official Durham Freshers 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mazthemelon
Hey I will be starting durham this autumn and i was wondering if any have you have recieved your duo logins? I have yet to recieve mine. Is anyone else in the same position?

yep got mine yesterday
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by leavingthecity
Any mature students here?

I'm a mature student so you arent the only one!I'll be studying archaeology and my college is St Aidans :smile:
Original post by JOwen22
I'm a mature student so you arent the only one!I'll be studying archaeology and my college is St Aidans :smile:

Hi! I'm doing a foundation year with physics. I'm going to be 26, how old are you?
Reply 23
Hi! I'm doing a foundation year with physics. I'm going to be 26, how old are you?

Forgot to say that my course has a foundation year as well, I'm 23. What college are you in?
Original post by JOwen22
Forgot to say that my course has a foundation year as well, I'm 23. What college are you in?

I'm Grey. Ugh I wish I was 23 again. What have you been doing since school?

Any other mature students?
I'm Grey. Ugh I wish I was 23 again. What have you been doing since school?

Any other mature students?

I'm 23, I'll be studying education studies with a foundation year at Josephine Butler. Really looking forward to it. Since school I failed college in my first year because I had 2 jobs and a drug habit lol and then did an apprenticeship in accountancy, worked in finance for three years in total but decided I didn't like it and it was sucking the marrow from my bones. Then I got an apprenticeship working in a nursery, I did that for a year then got a job working as a TA where I've been for nearly 2 years. How about you?
Reply 26
Original post by Yarunika
Yeah, I finally managed to decipher the forms thanks! And I'm looking forward to Freshers, tho I am a little nervous! Does that mean I should attend the welcome thingy they're holding on Sunday the 2nd Oct? The way they make it sounds seems as if its a big welcome party thing, tho it could just be for those who are accommodated within the college. Looking forward to it tho! :biggrin:

Hey, you might find my YouTube video useful. This is my "Freshers Week and My Experience" video. It's one of the videos of my "Intro to Durham University" series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3tZlfmv9m8

I am a third year Castle student. If you have any questions, do feel free to ask me!
Reply 27
Well done on getting offers :smile: Feel free to PM me any questions
So whats the deal with the river?

Everywhere I read about Durham says that under no circumstance should you walk by the river in the dark, or let your friends walk by it if they are drunk.

Does crime happen there? Is there a satanic group kidnapping some young virgin blood for its rituals? Or do people just fall in?

Also whats the deal with all these Durham students going missing recently?
Original post by LibertyMan

Everywhere I read about Durham says that under no circumstance should you walk by the river in the dark, or let your friends walk by it if they are drunk.

Does crime happen there? Is there a satanic group kidnapping some young virgin blood for its rituals? Or do people just fall in?

People just fall in - there's not really any sort of railing to stop you from doing so, so I imagine it's quite easy if you're drunk.

Has anyone at St. Cuthberts heard anything about accommodation yet? The deadline for sending in the medical forms is looming, but I can't put down my term time address because I don't know if I'll be on the bailey or at Parson's Field (nor can I finish the enrolment process as that asks what type of accommodation I'm in).
Reply 30
Original post by LibertyMan

Just don't walk along it is drunk is all that you really need to be aware of
Everything is a bit last minute for me- I didn't originally meet me offer for Law but after my remarks I did. My place had been given away and I was given a deferred place for 2017 entry instead, but someone must have pulled out because they emailed me again a few days ago to say a space had opened up in 2016.

However, I've lost my college place (they said I'd most likely be in Van Mildert or Trevelyan depending on final figures) and that I'd have accommodation in Teiyko University rather than in the college. However, this means I haven't had any of the letters or emails that I would have got post-fulfilling my offer :erm: can anyone update me on whether there's anything I need to sign up for for Freshers? :redface: or anyone else in my situation?
Reply 32
Original post by Gingerbread101
Everything is a bit last minute for me- I didn't originally meet me offer for Law but after my remarks I did. My place had been given away and I was given a deferred place for 2017 entry instead, but someone must have pulled out because they emailed me again a few days ago to say a space had opened up in 2016.

However, I've lost my college place (they said I'd most likely be in Van Mildert or Trevelyan depending on final figures) and that I'd have accommodation in Teiyko University rather than in the college. However, this means I haven't had any of the letters or emails that I would have got post-fulfilling my offer :erm: can anyone update me on whether there's anything I need to sign up for for Freshers? :redface: or anyone else in my situation?

Well done on getting into Durham. The only thing you will have to do in enrol on DUO

Quick Reply

Latest