The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hxfsxh
Ah its cool, I get it! :h: I do an EPQ and Economics. I was going to take AS French but my school wouldn't let me due to it not fitting in with the timetable, but I'm quite glad because I need all the frees I can get with the amount of work that comes in with doing 3 heavy essay based subjects!

i wish i had taken economics, but i only got a B in maths so i didnt think it would be a good choice. exactly, if you were gonna take it and drop it anyway, to not do it now isn't too bad because you can manage your workload better. essay based subjects are very time consuming haha
Original post by rosie.mn
i wish i had taken economics, but i only got a B in maths so i didnt think it would be a good choice. exactly, if you were gonna take it and drop it anyway, to not do it now isn't too bad because you can manage your workload better. essay based subjects are very time consuming haha

I've been doing history homework for about 5 hours everyday this half term and I'm still not done!
Economics isn't that maths-y, if I'm honesty. I mean, if you know how to use a calculator then you're just about sorted.
Original post by Ishan_2000
Anyone doing any of the Cambridge subject masterclasses this year?

HE+?

Yeah, for medicine.

I'm doing the medicine and chemistry ones :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What does 'HE+' mean?
I'm doing the medicine one too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm also doing the medicine one :h:
I am also doing the medicine one, and would do the chemistry one if I lived slightly nearer. The shortest and cheapest way for me to get there is a 3 hour drive. 😁 Are you choosing between the two courses? Or are you a definite medicine applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
- Introduce yourself
Hi I'm some-student :smile:
I'm at 6th form studying A-levels
I got 11 A* (including A^ in Further Maths) and 1 A at GCSE

- What are your hobbies and interests?
I like spending time with friends and family and watching TV, and my phone. I also really enjoy walking in the country.
My interests are Computer Science and Maths, specifically Discrete Maths and Computation Theory.

- What subjects are you planning to take?
I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Computer Science and Physics

- Your favourite subject(s)?
Maths and Computer Science

- Your ideal future occupation?
Not sure about jobs but I'd like to apply to Oxbridge to study Computer Science, probably Oxford. I'm not sure if I'd get in, but it's worth a go!
Introduce yourself

Hiiii, I'm Emily. I live on the South Coast and currently study AS-levels at sixth form where I have currently transferred to an all-girls independent.

Hobbies and Interests

Most of my time is occupied by dancing, acting or doing something law related.

Subjects

English Literature, Maths, Theatre Studies and Classical Civilisation.

Favourite subjects

I love all of my subjects other than Class civ, I cannot stand class civ.

Your ideal future occupation

I am hoping to study law at university. Ideally I would like to spend a couple of years abroad focusing on human rights and representing those on death row but I will probably end up becoming a barrister and head towards corporate law.
(edited 7 years ago)
If anyone here does maths a level, could you please reply to this i'm struggling with a question
Original post by goldenusername
If anyone here does maths a level, could you please reply to this i'm struggling with a question

I'm doing Maths :smile: What question is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by some-student
I'm doing Maths What question is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey could you help me with these two questions please?
I am also doing the medicine one, and would do the chemistry one if I lived slightly nearer. The shortest and cheapest way for me to get there is a 3 hour drive. 😁 Are you choosing between the two courses? Or are you a definite medicine applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm definitely a medicine applicant but Chemistry is my favourite A Level atm and I thought it could be pretty interesting :smile: I live an hour and half from Cambridge and there's a bus there also!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HouseOfRichman
I'm definitely a medicine applicant but Chemistry is my favourite A Level atm and I thought it could be pretty interesting I live an hour and half from Cambridge and there's a bus there also!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chemistry I'm actually finding to be the most difficult subject. Not that it IS difficult, it's just the one I grasp the least. Maths and Psychology seem to be the easiest ones for me.
Reply 1195
Is anyone else really struggling with a levels? I'm finding it hard to stay organised and take anything I learn in rn & it's not helping my grades! Ik I'm not as smart as most people in this thread but is this just a phase or is this worrying?😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333
Is anyone else really struggling with a levels? I'm finding it hard to stay organised and take anything I learn in rn & it's not helping my grades! Ik I'm not as smart as most people in this thread but is this just a phase or is this worrying?😳😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say try not to worry too much, it'll panic you more. But I'd say if you feel this worried talk to the teacher you feel most comfortable talking to (for me it's my personal tutor) and tell them about it and say you might need some extra support, they're there to help you through. I think it's probably normal in the big step up to A-Levels as I'm getting that way at some points. Don't keep it bottled up is probably the best thing to do as it will really impact your grades. Good luck and I hope it gets better for you. We're always here to talk too, especially on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J0333

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might be just getting used to A levels I dunno. See what happens closer to Christmas. Do you have any mock exams in the next half term? That might be a good indication of how you're doing.. hmm..
Original post by Kxjzh
Ahh okay! We're doing biological molecules and like transfer methods in organisms. I thought okay, but got 2 U's so far so it's certainly disheartening me. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoho, biology AQA, Is a *****

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I'd say try not to worry too much, it'll panic you more. But I'd say if you feel this worried talk to the teacher you feel most comfortable talking to (for me it's my personal tutor) and tell them about it and say you might need some extra support, they're there to help you through. I think it's probably normal in the big step up to A-Levels as I'm getting that way at some points. Don't keep it bottled up is probably the best thing to do as it will really impact your grades. Good luck and I hope it gets better for you. We're always here to talk too, especially on this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Yeah I think I'll do just that! It's geography mainly, but all three of my subjects I feel like I'm not doing as well as I hoped! So it leaves me less motivated each time I see a bad grade of my tests😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest