The Student Room Group

medicine gsces

anyone knows any uni that doesn't care about gcses results because i have 7 Bs and 3 Cs, but my as results are okay, (b in maths and a in health and social care). i am doing bio and chem but since im doing OCR i am taking the exams end of y13
Hi, medical schools use GCSE's differently so I would look at this here 'http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements' and see. Some uni's (southhampton, birmingham, oxbridge, cardiff, QUB...) use GCSE's quite heavily and some don't care. Like newcastle, if you meet the minimum requiremnets, invite people to interview based entirely on UKCAT results. :smile:
Those results are pretty low by medicine standards - applying cleverly is a must.

Done the UKCAT yet?
Reply 3
Original post by nexttime
Those results are pretty low by medicine standards - applying cleverly is a must.

This. Plus if those C grades are in maths and on English language, it makes applying more problematic
Reply 4
Original post by jahidur99
anyone knows any uni that doesn't care about gcses results because i have 7 Bs and 3 Cs, but my as results are okay, (b in maths and a in health and social care). i am doing bio and chem but since im doing OCR i am taking the exams end of y13

You could redo them, because thats what I am personally considering because lots of candidates applying will have A/A* in GCSE'S.
Also you could also do IGCSE'S

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending