Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    anyone knows any uni that doesn't care about gcses results because i have 7 Bs and 3 Cs, but my as results are okay, (b in maths and a in health and social care). i am doing bio and chem but since im doing OCR i am taking the exams end of y13

ReputationRep:
    Hi, medical schools use GCSE's differently so I would look at this here 'http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements' and see. Some uni's (southhampton, birmingham, oxbridge, cardiff, QUB...) use GCSE's quite heavily and some don't care. Like newcastle, if you meet the minimum requiremnets, invite people to interview based entirely on UKCAT results.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Those results are pretty low by medicine standards - applying cleverly is a must.

Done the UKCAT yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Those results are pretty low by medicine standards - applying cleverly is a must.
    This. Plus if those C grades are in maths and on English language, it makes applying more problematic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jahidur99)
    anyone knows any uni that doesn't care about gcses results because i have 7 Bs and 3 Cs, but my as results are okay, (b in maths and a in health and social care). i am doing bio and chem but since im doing OCR i am taking the exams end of y13
    You could redo them, because thats what I am personally considering because lots of candidates applying will have A/A* in GCSE'S.
    Also you could also do IGCSE'S

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.