The Student Room Group

Anyone resitting old spec bio AS/A2 exams in june 2017?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NK18444
Hi there,

I retook BIOL4 and I am going to sit my BIOL5 paper on the 20th of June.
The BIOL4 had many repeated questions from past papers
My friend re-took BIOL2 and said the paper also was full of repeated past paper questions
I think the BIOL5 paper will have repeats but I don't think the synoptic essay will be from the pps.
I've only done the essays that have been predicted on TSR and my normal BIOL5 revision.
Do you think the essay will be repeated too?

i hope the paper is recycled, thatd be heaven. I doubt it will tho, i have a strange feeling its gonna be solid..
Original post by Ismail786
i hope the paper is recycled, thatd be heaven. I doubt it will tho, i have a strange feeling its gonna be solid..

I don't know the previous three papers have all been repeated so it seems like they've not put a lot of money aside for creating new questions!
I hope it's not too bad!
Reply 22
Original post by NK18444
Hi there,

I retook BIOL4 and I am going to sit my BIOL5 paper on the 20th of June.
The BIOL4 had many repeated questions from past papers
My friend re-took BIOL2 and said the paper also was full of repeated past paper questions
I think the BIOL5 paper will have repeats but I don't think the synoptic essay will be from the pps.
I've only done the essays that have been predicted on TSR and my normal BIOL5 revision.
Do you think the essay will be repeated too?

hey
what essays have you seen be predicted?
Hey guys what came up and how as it ?
Reply 24
Original post by Sceintific
Hey guys what came up and how as it ?

50 marks out of the 75 for questions were repeats ranging from June 2010 to June 2013 lol. Essays were quite hard in my opinion
Original post by Afc98
50 marks out of the 75 for questions were repeats ranging from June 2010 to June 2013 lol. Essays were quite hard in my opinion

Ow lol , goodluck with your results .
were the essays repeated?
Original post by sameer99
were the essays repeated?

Yeah both had been asked before. Loads of the other questions were repeated too but we're not complaining loool
Original post by idreece123
Yeah both had been asked before. Loads of the other questions were repeated too but we're not complaining loool

Yeah fair enough they repeated questions, but the mark scheme won't be the same. But I reckon biol5 grade boundaries will be the highest ever , 85+ A* when it's usually 63/67 😂😂
Original post by coldwarm34
Yeah fair enough they repeated questions, but the mark scheme won't be the same. But I reckon biol5 grade boundaries will be the highest ever , 85+ A* when it's usually 63/67 😂😂

Nah they won't be that ridiculously high. In the old spec exams from 2009 the resits had repeated questions and if i remember correctly the grade boundaries didn't go higher than like 5-10 marks from the usual papers. They can't make them outrageously high.
What were the Essay questions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending