The Student Room Group

Re-sits exam times clashing with A2 exam times?

Hey guys, lets just say first year wasn't so great, I started 4 months late into the academic year and it was...a shambles.
I got two Bs and a C.
So I will be definitiely be re-sitting those. I have a paranoid thought that maybe the re-sit times and dates will clash with the times and dates of my A2 year exams :O
Can anyone shed any light on that?
(I would assume that in the name of common sense AS and A2 exams are done on different days perhaps, but who knows, administration is a nightmare :wink: )
Original post by Timmy2686
Hey guys, lets just say first year wasn't so great, I started 4 months late into the academic year and it was...a shambles.
I got two Bs and a C.
So I will be definitiely be re-sitting those. I have a paranoid thought that maybe the re-sit times and dates will clash with the times and dates of my A2 year exams :O
Can anyone shed any light on that?
(I would assume that in the name of common sense AS and A2 exams are done on different days perhaps, but who knows, administration is a nightmare :wink: )

They shouldn't clash for most, but if they do, you'll probably do one after the other.
Reply 2
A2 exams are normally a 3-4 weeks after all AS exams.
You'll just do one after the other; you're allowed a supervised break and if it lasts for more than 6 hours then you can take the exam the next day.
AS and A2 exams should never clash. AS exams are always around May time while A2 exams don't actually start until June
Reply 5
The only time AS and A2 exams ever clash is for Maths (as the applied units are spread across the exam season).
The timetables are already out for next year so you can check and then stop worrying.
Reply 6
Awesome, thanks guys and gals :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest