The Student Room Group

Can I do medicine with bad GCSE's, I'm told I can't.

I just got my GCSE results, I achieved 2 A's 6B's and 3C's. I believe I didn't try to even a fraction of my potential and didn't revise at all. I am determined to achieve high grades at A level. Is there anyway to apply for medicine if I get really good ALevels but have bad GCSE's.
Reply 1
I do not know if medical schools look at GCSEs
Reply 2
Original post by IYGB

Thats what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.
Reply 3
Original post by IYGB

That's what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.
Original post by GCSE/ALEVEL
I just got my GCSE results, I achieved 2 A's 6B's and 3C's. I believe I didn't try to even a fraction of my potential and didn't revise at all. I am determined to achieve high grades at A level. Is there anyway to apply for medicine if I get really good ALevels but have bad GCSE's.

Thats what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.

Med schools are one of very few courses that heavily rely on GCSE results, this link may help you with you're query: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements

Imperial say that they dont have a GCSE requirement for this course.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/school-of-medicine/medicine/

However I do not know much

Most likely not. My mate got 5A's and didn't get accepted by anyone even though his A levels were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Accountingggo
Most likely not. My mate got 5A's and didn't get accepted by anyone even though his A levels were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did he get if you know? Also I might try to do medicine in Bulgaria where the requirements are lower.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending