Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just got my GCSE results, I achieved 2 A's 6B's and 3C's. I believe I didn't try to even a fraction of my potential and didn't revise at all. I am determined to achieve high grades at A level. Is there anyway to apply for medicine if I get really good ALevels but have bad GCSE's.

ReputationRep:
    I do not know if medical schools look at GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    Thats what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    That's what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE/ALEVEL)
    I just got my GCSE results, I achieved 2 A's 6B's and 3C's. I believe I didn't try to even a fraction of my potential and didn't revise at all. I am determined to achieve high grades at A level. Is there anyway to apply for medicine if I get really good ALevels but have bad GCSE's.
    Thats what i was thinking then i was told by my college that some wouldnt even look at my application because of the gcse results. Which i don't know if its true or not.
    Med schools are one of very few courses that heavily rely on GCSE results, this link may help you with you're query: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    Imperial say that they dont have a GCSE requirement for this course.

http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/c...cine/medicine/

However I do not know much

ReputationRep:
    Most likely not. My mate got 5A's and didn't get accepted by anyone even though his A levels were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Accountingggo)
    Most likely not. My mate got 5A's and didn't get accepted by anyone even though his A levels were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What did he get if you know? Also I might try to do medicine in Bulgaria where the requirements are lower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.