The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by willr77
Can someone help me?My project is finding g using pendulums and such and one of my experiments is mass on oscillating spring and I have plotted graph of T^2 and M but cannot work out how to find g and with what equation

Same project as you

I haven't started any write up yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by willr77
Can someone help me?My project is finding g using pendulums and such and one of my experiments is mass on oscillating spring and I have plotted graph of T^2 and M but cannot work out how to find g and with what equation

What type of pendulum are you using? Kater's or Compound?
Anyone else doing Young's modulus ? We can maybe help each other out. I'm quite confused about how to calculate Young's modulus for a mild steel wire using the gradient of a graph.
Good luck to all of you sitting Adv. Higher Physics this year, a good resource for notes is at
Calderglen: link.
Also of course MrMackenzie Fizzics site for pp's (there's three previous revised and last years
paper there- link.:goodluck:
Original post by tomctutor
Good luck to all of you sitting Adv. Higher Physics this year, a good resource for notes is at
Calderglen: link.
Also of course MrMackenzie Fizzics site for pp's (there's three previous revised and last years
paper there- link.:goodluck:

Thankyou!
Original post by RossB1702
Anyone else doing Young's modulus ? We can maybe help each other out. I'm quite confused about how to calculate Young's modulus for a mild steel wire using the gradient of a graph.

This is pretty simple mate:

You plot a graph of force against extension, calculate the gradient and bam, Young's modulus is yours for the taking!

Easy days mate...
Original post by gapyearlads
This is pretty simple mate:

You plot a graph of force against extension, calculate the gradient and bam, Young's modulus is yours for the taking!

Easy days mate...

Aye well a chucked physics over 2 months ago so am no bothering about *****y Young's modulus anymore mate lol.
Original post by RossB1702
Aye well a chucked physics over 2 months ago so am no bothering about *****y Young's modulus anymore mate lol.

Hahahahhaa thought I'd help a man out anyway :u:
How did it go for all of you?

I found it fairly straightforward; nothing too unexpected.
Reply 49
Original post by Oberdiah
How did it go for all of you?

I found it fairly straightforward; nothing too unexpected.

It was a decent paper, a few parts were really challenging, though it's advanced higher so it's meant to be hard.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Sul123
It was a decent paper, a few parts were really challenging, though it's advanced higher so it's meant to be hard.

What parts?
Reply 51
Original post by Oberdiah
What parts?

For me a few explanation questions were hard, like the two markers, though I'm not great at explaining hahahaha 😂
Original post by Sul123
For me a few explanation questions were hard, like the two markers, though I'm not great at explaining hahahaha 😂

Anyone could scan up decent image of paper here?:biggrin:
Does anyone have any decent project ideas on which they did or know of?

Much appreciated.
Reply 54
Untitled.png

How do you do this question and what knowledge is required for this question thanks. Pleas reply asap

Latest

Trending

Trending