The Student Room Group

Can I get accepted into Sociology and Psychology A level?

I got D in English GCSE but however I really want to study these subjects in my Sixth form. :frown:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by In2u
I got D in English GCSE but however I really want to study these subjects in my Sixth form. :frown:

Not a direct answer to the question, but do also consider the fact that any requirements a college might be lenient with (i.e. letting you in with a D when a C/B is their "official requirement") might not be in a student's best interest. What I'm getting at is are you confident you can succeed in those subjects even with a D?
Original post by In2u

Both of these subjects mainly consists of writing essays. But, there's always room for improvement. I got a grade B in eng Lang and an A in eng lit (GCSE) but when I first did socio I was so bad at writing essays lol. I improved drastically with the right help and guidance. So I think you can too.

I don't know if they'll let you do these subjects though because you do need a good grade in English to study them, that's a requirement. But, if you be persistent they might just let you on the course (I know people who have done this :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest