The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
futurist
A nice pair of trainers is a MUST, like the Lacoste, K Swiss white ones.

oxymoron?
Ross_j
oxymoron?

What's your idea of a nice pair of trainers
Reply 42
Black wife beater, black (not skinny) jeans, black cowboy boots and a studded belt. Phwoar.
Or, a big baggy hoody and jeans with a pair of black skate shoes. I LOVE red hoodies on guys for some reason.
Or, Mr Darcy style - ruffled shirt, tights - think Jane Austen!! He-llo.

I don't like anything remotely 'chavtastic' or 'trendy' - I can't stand things like blue and white checked shirts, short sleeved shirts, anything 'tracksuit' style. Equally, nothing too overly gothic (chains everywhere, dragons, flames, tartan etc).
Reply 43
hermaphrodite
What's your idea of a nice pair of trainers

look on my what are you wearing posts, thats what im into.
Reply 44
guys wearing a black shirt nearly always tend to look hot.
Normal T shirt and jeans, as long as it's clean then it's all good :p: :biggrin:
Reply 46
Baebe
Black wife beater, black (not skinny) jeans, black cowboy boots and a studded belt. Phwoar.
Or, a big baggy hoody and jeans with a pair of black skate shoes. I LOVE red hoodies on guys for some reason.
Or, Mr Darcy style - ruffled shirt, tights - think Jane Austen!! He-llo.

I don't like anything remotely 'chavtastic' or 'trendy' - I can't stand things like blue and white checked shirts, short sleeved shirts, anything 'tracksuit' style. Equally, nothing too overly gothic (chains everywhere, dragons, flames, tartan etc).

It's all about breeches :wink:
Reply 47
geeky :redface: is cute, i mean like scruffy white shirt tucked into trousers, braces etc :p:
Mmmmm white tshirt with dark blue jeans (not skinny jeans-cant stand them on boys!). Or black shirt with dark blue jeans. Yum!
But my bf doesnt know how to dress....actually it's not that he doesnt know, he just doesnt care what he looks like. He doesnt wear jeans any more (:frown:) and he always wears tshirts with cargos and his hiking boots (they arent technically hiking boots, they are like really junky trainer boots lol but they look like hiking boots!). He only wears what's practical lol. I'm not so keen on long sleeved tshirts on him, i think they make him look a bit girly somehow!
I like bright coloured t-shirts on guys with nice (not skinny!) jeans. Shoes are very important! I like white shirts too, especially those cargo ones with the fastening thing on the shoulder.

It's probably easier to mention what I don't like - tank tops, stripey t-shirts, tracksuits, earrings (eurgh.)
Reply 50
Lilian
geeky :redface: is cute, i mean like scruffy white shirt tucked into trousers, braces etc :p:

I'll agree with geeky, but my version is more like a tshirt with a geeky slogan or something :redface:

*disappears before she appears to be even more strange*
Reply 51
loopymeg
I'll agree with geeky, but my version is more like a tshirt with a geeky slogan or something :redface:

*disappears before she appears to be even more strange*

Nowt wrong about that.

I can't really think of anytype of clothing that I can pin down as being specially good. It's more how they wear the clothes.

Lots of people have mentioned suits. Can't say I'm a big fan, although I've never yet seen a youngish guy comfortable in a smart suit. Don't mind the less sharp suits, suppose you could call it "country gent" but that's a crap name. Kilts are always good for formal wear. Maybe it's just what you're used to, a tuxedo would wierd me out while a kilt is fine, probably the opposite for most people.
Reply 52
I swear every man looks good in a suit.

Loads of things attract me to a guy before their clothes, but in terms of 'damn that man is well dressed', I like the whole Dior Homme Hedi Slimane sort of aesthetic. Kind of groomed scruffiness.
Reply 53
Napally
I really loathe how he dresses. And just him really. He looks like a scruffy bugger all the time but it looks unintentional and not a sort-of put-together look, which is nice.

Yes, to be fair I believe we can surmise that 'scruffiness' in drug addicts is reasonably genuine.
I'm not a big fan of suits either, a lot of people look awkward in them. I think a smart shirt, trousers and shoes look better. :smile: (There are exceptions to everything though!)

My parents made my 14 year old (and 6ft 1) brother were a suit to our cousin's wedding. I've never seen anyone look so awkward in my life! :rolleyes:
Reply 55
I love men in shirts. Give me a man in a shirt any day! A white shirt looks good on a tanned/darker man but not so much on a pale guy. Equally pale men look a bit odd in too much black. I just love shirts. Nice crisp shirts!

I also like men in t-shirts with a nice jacket or blazer with some good trousers or jeans. I'm not bothered about shoes overly but as long as they're not really scruffy they're fine.

Of course, I completely swoon at a man in a nice suit... but that's not always exactly practical! Though, on really young guys this looks sometimes a bit odd. If we're talking suits they often have to be older men.

I absolutely hate it if I see a guy wearing tracksuit bottoms or a tracksuit/those odd pyjama suits some men wear (they're just tracksuits I think but they look like pyjamas to me). I think they look awful!
yr advised clothes dont look like good in all guy's bodies so important thing is body not clothes
Reply 57
Ok, i like guys in dark jeans (not black) with a shirt. Checked or plane. I like black tops on guys but i like them smart.
And perhaps a pair of fred perry trainers
Blue skinny jeans, waist coats and shirts and converse. Ideal look for me. Band t shirts with skinnies are good too. Oooh and shoes are the first thing I look at on a guy. If they're white trainers then the guy can forget talking to me haha.
Reply 59
Rennie
I love men in shirts. Give me a man in a shirt any day! A white shirt looks good on a tanned/darker man but not so much on a pale guy. Equally pale men look a bit odd in too much black. I just love shirts. Nice crisp shirts!

I also like men in t-shirts with a nice jacket or blazer with some good trousers or jeans. I'm not bothered about shoes overly but as long as they're not really scruffy they're fine.

Of course, I completely swoon at a man in a nice suit... but that's not always exactly practical! Though, on really young guys this looks sometimes a bit odd. If we're talking suits they often have to be older men.

I absolutely hate it if I see a guy wearing tracksuit bottoms or a tracksuit/those odd pyjama suits some men wear (they're just tracksuits I think but they look like pyjamas to me). I think they look awful!

Well said :yy:

Latest