The Student Room Group
Reply 1
In my opinion the best Physics syllabus out there is AQA B. Not sure if it is the easiest though. I've heard OCR B is pretty easy, but it is quite frankly an awful syllabus by the looks of things and best avoided.
Reply 2
Please do NOT do OCR B. The syllabus and the numerous ridiculous courseworks will only give you pain!
Reply 3
OCR A is quite good, no course work except a practical assessment, but i dont know if that will remain since the syllabuses are changing.

the A level part is far more interesting than AS, but the AS is still good.
Reply 4
I completely agree about OCR B - Don't go near it with a barge pole. :mad:

AQA A is the love of my life :love: I thought it was fantastic. It's really interesting which for me at least made it much easier than the OCR (I did both).
Why does the board matter? If you were good at Physics you would get an A on every board. Simple as that.
Reply 6
OCR A is nice - my college offer that and the Salters Edexcel course - most of the Salters people seem to hate it :p:
Reply 7
If you’re deciding on whether to do Physics because the board your school chooses is the easiest, or whether you’re doing Physics but can choose the board and so choose the easiest, then really you shouldn’t be doing Physics.

What’s important is that you do a subject which you enjoy, and really, while the exam board does make a slight difference (especially regarding OCR B), you really shouldn’t make your decision based on ‘which is the easiest?’.
Reply 8
Mathemagician. Funny?
Why does the board matter? If you were good at Physics you would get an A on every board. Simple as that.

I would argue the choice of exam board has a huge impact on the level of enjoyment of physics. I love physics, but absolutely hated Salters Edexcel, it was a horrible botched syllabus which featured little interesting physics. OCR B is even worse. The rest (AQA A + B, OCR A and Edexcel A) seem much more traditional, solid and far more enjoyable. I know I would have got a higher A in those as I simply would have enjoyed them more (and they have practical exams, instead of a huge ****ty project.)
_-Arctic-Monkey-_
OCR A is nice - my college offer that and the Salters Edexcel course - most of the Salters people seem to hate it :p:

I do Edexcel Salters. It's good but the way they word the questions and the scenarios they use are stupid sometimes!
Reply 10
Mathemagician. Funny?
If you were good at Physics you would get an A on every board. Simple as that.

That wasn't what the op was asking .
eponymous
That wasn't what the op was asking .

I was sort of. I mean the question was what is the easiest board. I said how easy the board is doesn't really matter. You always end up with the grade you deserve. I very much doubt that the amount of work needed for one board to get an A would be different for another board in order to get an A.

Latest