The Student Room Group

Going into year 11

Hey everybody I'm going to be a year 11 student and I'm so nervous about exams and stuff got any advice for me going on into year 11 I mean can not believe believe how quick time goes by this time now I'm going officially mark my five years at secondary going back school in 2 days looking toward to seeing my friends but not the other students lol GCSE results day was success well done to all those students who A and A* grades soon I going there want to show people I can do it
Year 11 is eassayyy peassayyy.
I just messed around with friends all through year 11 and I got As and Bs at GCSE. Just enjoy Year 11.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just put in 100% effort. I revised for about 80-90 hours a week. The rest of the time I slept and I only came out of my bedroom to go to the toilet.
Make sure to do your coursework properly! I have friends that got A*s in their exams but because their coursework was a low A, a B or a C their grade was dropped. You really don't want to have that!
Also, make sure that you learn everything properly. I found that some of the smaller stuff that people usually ignore can get you an easy mark or two in the paper that you would only get if you revise everything thoroughly. That doesn't seem like a huge difference but when you miss that A* by a single mark you will regret not learning the smaller things.
The old mantra of get out what you put in is so true (I can now speak from experience). Just be very organised, have the correct attitude during lessons and thoroughly learn the content. You should start intense revision once all your coursework is completed (mid-february). Any earlier and you will just burn out. There is no need to be nervous for the exams, just think of them as an opportunity to prove to people your abilities. I wish you the best of luck and before you know it you will be collecting your results like I just have.
You should of already know all your subjects off my heart. For the first few months of year 11 you must create thousands of practice papers and then for the rest of the year you work your way completing them.
Enjoy year 11, it was great fun. Focus on coursework as it is marked harshly and can be the decider of what grade you get.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Honestly don't stress too much! I just finished Year 11 with 4 A*'s, 4 A's and a B. Take mock exams seriously, but the reality is revision is most effective when it's short and sweet. Don't worry about starting to revise for your real exams until February/March, and even when you start keep it to 1-1.5 hours a night spread across a few subjects. Leave plenty of room to sleep and socialize too, the happier and healthier you are, the better you'll do.

Good luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest