The Student Room Group

Jake's 'Average' -> 'Awesome' - AS - A*A*A

Hello, and welcome to:
Jake's Average -> Awesome Blog
This blog was mainly created with the intention of motivating me and getting the input from others on how I can help study and get better!

Background:

Spoiler

Uni:
I'm interested in the MSci CompSci at Birmingham University and also a couple of other courses. To be safe, I'm going for A*, A*, A to ensure I am a good candidate for the position.

I'm also interested in Pharmacology potentially, a little bit of a switch - but I'm currently working in a Pharmacy and gaining experience and qualifications and finding out how much of an interesting environment it is. We'll see how AS year goes before I decide.

Sixth Form/Courses:
I'm studying:
Computer Science - OCR
Chemistry - (Need to find out board)
Biology - (Need to find out board)
Physics - (Need to find out board)

Aiming for A* in CompSci and an A* in Chemistry, ideally it would be in Physics but we'll see, obviously dependent on what I drop at A2

Prep/Schedule:

Books:
Yr1 Chemistry
Yr1 Physics
Yr1 Biology (ordered)
Computing - need to get

Any advice on what books/resources to look at would be awesome!

I'm going to try and post as much as I can, because I feel the more I share, the more responses I can potentially get and advice I can recieve, because - I know this will be hard.

I'm aiming to put the posts in sections about the various subjects and things I've done/found hard etc.

Gonna get this moved to Grow your grades when it starts, even more motivation :smile:

Let's hope this is the start of something!

Woo! REVISION!
Good luck with this and work hard! You can do it!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Jake's Average -> Awesome Blog
Week: 12/09/16

First official post! Woo!

Biology:

Spoiler

Chemistry:

Spoiler

Physics:

Spoiler

Computer Science:

Spoiler

Initial Sixth Form Impressions:
I like it, more work - of course, but more focused work on the subjects I enjoy, which is nice.
Free periods are like god send, was able to go home at 1pm today! :smile:

Going to hard to work hard and effectively to get my desired grades, but hopefully if I stay motivated, I'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest