The Student Room Group

If God exists, then who created HIM? HE DOESN'T EXIST!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Well you won't see it because it isn't real.

How are you so certain?
Original post by Yo soy magnifico
That's true you know, I am French and Algerian so half my family are Christains and the other half are Muslims.

The only reason my dad converted to Islam was because he thought my mum was really beautiful and didn't really care about what religion he was getting coerced in to. It could have been hinduism or buddhism for all he knew.:closedeyes: He just didn't care!

And I am an apostate, but only sometimes.

I sway back and forth, some days I feel Muslim other days I return back to being a non-believer again.:dontknow:

And I have noticed a difference between domestic animals in both a Christian household and a Muslim one.

Anyway what I wanted to say was, when my Algerian aunty recites the Q'uran her cat always sits besides her and when she is finished the catgets up and walks away which I think is interesting.:curious:

Original post by Yo soy magnifico
That's true you know, I am French and Algerian so half my family are Christains and the other half are Muslims.

The only reason my dad converted to Islam was because he thought my mum was really beautiful and didn't really care about what religion he was getting coerced in to. It could have been hinduism or buddhism for all he knew.:closedeyes: He just didn't care!

And I am an apostate, but only sometimes.

I sway back and forth, some days I feel Muslim other days I return back to being a non-believer again.:dontknow:

And I have noticed a difference between domestic animals in both a Christian household and a Muslim one.

Anyway what I wanted to say was, when my Algerian aunty recites the Q'uran her cat always sits besides her and when she is finished the catgets up and walks away which I think is interesting.:curious:

Allah created animals, Allah created man.
And he sent a book to guide us all, even animals love Quran.

Sitting at my window to ponder at the sky,
I saw a little bird as it flew by.
I recited some Quran, and it wasn’t very long,
Till the bird sat near my window and decided to sing along.

Not my words again.
Original post by MiszshorTea786
How are you so certain?

As described, Islam's flaws prove the religion is false and by extension, prove JD doesn't exist. A million people before you have predicted the world would end and none of those predictions came true. Yours won't break that trend.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
As described, Islam's flaws prove the religion is false and by extension, prove JD doesn't exist. A million people before you have predicted the world would end and none of those predictions came true. Yours won't break that trend.

Okay, so because Islam supposedly has flaws judgement day is debunked.

10th Muharaam wait on it. Though you wouldn't believe that because JD is non- existent.
Allah created animals, Allah created man.
And he sent a book to guide us all, even animals love Quran.

Sitting at my window to ponder at the sky,
I saw a little bird as it flew by.
I recited some Quran, and it wasn’t very long,
Till the bird sat near my window and decided to sing along.

Not my words again.

Well clearly they are your words you're writing them down.

Is this a poem you wrote:borat:?

Is very nice!!!

Anyway I want to enjoy my life, and Islam restricts me by implimenting fear as a deterrent and keep me on the path of a boring life.:boring:

The only reason I start taking Islam seriously is when I see a beautiful hijabi in my Uni, then I like to play the role of being a newly convert who is radically pious and holy so I can impress her.:angel:

Otherwise I eat bacon for breakfast and listen to music.:headbang:
(edited 6 years ago)
I do have a way of knowing. Lots of ways actually. Though you would know if you were not so naive.

If you haven't realised Islam, Christianity and Jews all worship the same Allah but obviously in their own version. Come on Mufti, you should be aware of such basic teachings.

As a Christian I can tell you we do not worship the same "Allah". You have your God and we have ours. We do not believe in your God. We believe our God is the only God. Now I'm simply stating what we believe to correct you. Judaism and Christianity are much closely intertwined than with Islam. Your teachings are mostly different and yes there are parts of the bible in the Quran but they are not the same or similar. The only similarity is that all our faiths believe in a power higher than ourselves.
“Verily We created man from a product of wet earth; then placed him as a drop (of seed) in a safe lodging; then We fashioned the drop into a clot, then We fashioned the clot into a little lump, then We fashioned the little lump into bones, then clothed the bones with flesh, and then produced it another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!” [23:12-14].

Pretty self explanatory.

Yuck !
yes: exactly
glad to see that we finally agree

best
Original post by anonymous375
why don't you explain it in 1 sentence

There was no solar system, no planets or stars at all, at the time of the Big Bang; there was only a mass of matter and a burst of energy.

10th Muharaam wait on it. Though you wouldn't believe that because JD is non- existent.

Well yes. If Islam isn’t real then obviously Islamic JD is also fictitious.
Original post by Good bloke
There was no solar system, no planets or stars at all, at the time of the Big Bang; there was only a mass of matter and a burst of energy.

And what do you suppose the 'burst' of energy is? Combustion. And how do you suppose combustion is brought about- optimum light and pressure. And how do you suppose the optimum conditions were created.. That was my point.
the way i see it doesnt matter wether he truly exists or not. I personally am of the opinion that he doesnt but thats just personal preference. as i have said in previous forums regarding religion wether its christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc the fundemental core of religion is that people generally dont just blindly believe what religion says for the hell of it. they do so in an effort to gain comfort by using it to justify beliefs that they likely already held. one of the main examples of this is the whole heaven thing. christians dont believe in heaven because a book tells them to they believe in it because they want to believe that there is something waiting for them or their loved ones and they get comfort from that belief which may help them accept their loss. therefore wether i believe it or not myself the idea of trying to use science to fundementally disprove such a thing and deprive people of that seems somewhat selfish to me. way i see it as long as their beliefs dont result in harming somebody else then people should be free to believe whatever they want and im not gonna try and take that away from them.
Original post by QE2
No, it wouldn't. Good job one is claiming that that is the kind of process by which the universe formed!

Then you are surely admitting that a God should exist?
Original post by anonymous375
And what do you suppose the 'burst' of energy is? Combustion. And how do you suppose combustion is brought about- optimum light and pressure. And how do you suppose the optimum conditions were created.. That was my point.

It wasn't combustion :lol: (and by the way, what on Earth? For combustion you need fuel, oxygen and heat, it's got nothing to do with light and pressure)...

The Big Bang was the expansion of a singularity, it was not a chemical process.
(edited 6 years ago)
'Just a book'. If it was just a book, why does it have many many inspiring stories that one can take an example out of it?

And why do you make yourself up as a bandit for a scary bedtime story ?
'Just a book'. If it was just a book, why does it have many many inspiring stories that one can take an example out of it?

Which stories of slaughter, rape and slavery do you find inspiring?

There are plenty of good storybooks.

You think that the Quran is special and can't explain how a human could have written it. Not having an explanation is not evidence for a god. The 'science' of the Quran is clearly wrong, disproving the books accounts.

It's only relatively recently that science has explained lots of things. Before, Man 'explained' them with many different gods, and was wrong.
Prayer is for ourselves. Allah is not in any need of any prayers from us at all. Allah doesn't demand anything. It's us that wants the eternity, we need to show that we are worthy of it.

Yes and when it comes to having our accounts book delivered to us on Judgement day I would not like to be the one classified as neglecting their prayers.

Does he care about prayers or not? If he does, he seems very needy.

Why do you think he created man? (Science has proved that the accounts in the Bible and Quran are untrue)
Was he lonely, and looking to have some friends that he could torture for all eternity when they disagreed with him?
Original post by Carthaginian
There's evidence for evolution, but there's no evidence for God.

Go and Google ontological arguments; your question has a logical flaw and so your conclusion isn't sound. See also Edward Freer (lots of online stuff he's written).
Religious people believe that he has always existed and our minds can’t comprehend him no matter how hard we try. Just like a worm will never comprehend complex algebra even if it tries - this doesn’t mean that algebra is garbage and cannot be understood. The worm just can’t understand it, lol.
Also, it is somewhat harder to disprove God than to prove him. If not equally as difficult. We don’t actually have solid proof that he *doesn’t* exist.
As for evolution, just because someone believes in a God doesn’t mean they are ignorant and disregard evolution.
Even the Big Bang remains unproven - and if it did happen, what caused it? Some religious people reckon that God did.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by nylrehs
Religious people believe that he has always existed and our minds can’t comprehend him no matter how hard we try. Just like a worm will never comprehend complex algebra even if it tries - this doesn’t mean that algebra is bs and cannot be understood. The worm just can’t understand it, lol.
Also, it is somewhat harder to disprove God than to prove him. If not equally as difficult. We don’t actually have solid proof that he *doesn’t* exist.
As for evolution, just because someone believes in a God doesn’t mean they are ignorant and disregard evolution.
Even the Big Bang remains unproven - and if it did happen, what caused it? Some religious people reckon that God did.

I love that you've said this! A lot of people including myself believe that the reason for the big bang was God. I have faith in both. And in the bible it does not say how long each day was. Our version of 1 day is 24 hours but that doesn't mean that is the same as in the bible. And if you think about it the story of creation kinda matches up with evolution in how humans were the last to be created. This is just how I like to view it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending