The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yeah! I used to be admin of all NBR servers... but now only gungame :p: But I do have full powers on it now :biggrin:
Reply 921
Love counter strike play it far too much!
Used to play 1.6 a few years ago but i mainly just play source now.
I've quit over the exam period though, every time i open my start menu i twitch towards steam lol, i'm gonna be dire after a 4 week break, what i like to call holiday syndrome :smile:
Reply 922
LW5x01 and Chaz_Hack_Rabbit, welcome!
Paul2K8, you have too many society memberships I'm afraid, you can join by leaving another society and applying for this one again, if you wish.

Question Time! What team do you pick when joining a game?
I always end up auto-assigning, even if I feel like being a particular side when I start-up the game, I'll either forget that I wanted to be a certain team, or end up selecting auto-assigning too quickly for me to stop myself, hehe.

Random Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWJFb6A9dgs Gotta love how the flashbang symbol is so big, letting everyone know who just got owned.
CTs. :redface:
Sziphix

Question Time! What team do you pick when joining a game?
I always end up auto-assigning, even if I feel like being a particular side when I start-up the game, I'll either forget that I wanted to be a certain team, or end up selecting auto-assigning too quickly for me to stop myself, hehe.
It really depends on the map. Like, if it's cs_office and I feel really lazy, I'll just choose terrorist and camp spawn.
Some maps I definitely prefer one side...

CTs
Office, Dust1, Aztec,

Ts
Strata, Italy

But for most I'm not bothered either way.
Reply 926
I stick mainly to Aztec, and auto-assign. CT is probably easier (they can quite comfortably all get in camping positions at the bombsites before the Ts arrive, and can reach the bottlenecks as the Ts are actually in them (e.g. the rope bridge)), but playing a T on the map is very enjoyable all the same :biggrin:

I very rarely play Dust, and will also auto-assign there :smile:

I'm a camper by nature because I just lack skill in general, so on other maps I tend to pick one that lets me play to my strength (or weakness, as you may see it :p:). The only exception is Office, where I'll usually play as a CT.
Reply 927
Auto assign always!

Also lol at that video, in a previous clan a team mate got a smoke grenade kill during a scrim (so stole i did the 99dmg :frown: ), they left the next round lol.
I look at the teams and basing on the skill i choose the losing team even if it has more players cos tbh im pro :smile:
...how do you join a team if it has more players? I thought CSS didn't let you do that.
Reply 930
depends what mp_limitteams is set to
Reply 931
Can I join the soc :smile:

Any games being held any time soon?
no :frown:

wish there were. Should be better once everyone gets back from uni/exams/blah
Reply 933
Yeah, I'm taking a Gap Year after my exams so I should have a bit more time to sort things out, depends on what the society wants again though.
Reply 934
I'm up for some CSS with you guys :biggrin:
Reply 935
I'm annoyed still at the hackers that come and ruin servers when your in the middle of playing a game (of course,you don't mind too much if they're on your team). Mind you, I suppose everyone is annoyed.

Reply 936
noaksey
I'm annoyed still at the hackers that come and ruin servers when your in the middle of playing a game (of course,you don't mind too much if they're on your team). Mind you, I suppose everyone is annoyed.

When a hacker joins and there's no admin to kick/ban them, I just kill myself in freeze time and watch the hacker for a laugh. I think it's great myself, not because of the hacking itself, but because of the reactions of players that are getting killed when all they have to do is 3 button presses to join another server.

"WTF U STPID HACKR GET OF DA SVR CHEATR"
"OMG HOW DID U HIT ME FRM THERE?!?!?!?!?"
"/voteban"
"Oh great, another hacker that doesn't have a life, you need a girlfriend."
"/voteban"
"/voteban"
*Player KILLER has voted kick player [myg0t]Abitaryusername 10 more votes required.*
Reply 937
Thats true, and I do sometimes watch them as well, but because here at Uni they've got most of the ports blocked, I can't play on the ones I always want to :frown:, so its hard to play on other servers when you've found one that works!
Reply 938
is there something wrong with the sever? Seems like its down :smile:
Reply 939
I play CSS ... name is

|P&H| nder [C]over

P&H is a server called Pimps & hoes ... new server were setting up and its death match with a cool map, going to change it to 24/7 Two_Towers. I am full admin on it, its no clan just a few admins etc.

Can i join the society?

Latest