The Student Room Group

Veterinary medicine in Bulgaria/ Budapest?

Anyone ( Uk students in particular ) studying Veterinary medicine in Trakia University in Bulgaria or Budapest?
Hi I am studying at Trakia University, Whatsup?
Reply 2
Hey :smile: are you from the uk?
Just wanted to know more about the course and the university itself ? I was interested but was just a bit apprehensive about the whole level of the course like the uni itself looks a bit old and outdated?
Do you enjoy it and would you recommend it? Are there alot of other students from UK there? How is it to live there? And how is the travelling back and forth?

Thanks alot :smile:
Well, Yes I am from the UK and i am a first year vet student at Trakia Uni. The course is not too difficult for me at the moment, I did A-levels and the chemistry and biology is pretty similar. Likewise most subjects are easy at the moment however anatomy is the hardest. That's just because it is one big memory test and I'm not very good at memorizing things! I have a friend who did a diploma rather than a levels and he is finding it a bit more difficult but is coping well. There is also a qualified dentist on the course but he is pretty smart so hes doing fine. The Uni itself is old and outdated and a giant maze!:s-smilie: However they have a farm not far away and if you can learn with the older equipment then you will be able to work in any circumstances that come your way! I am really enjoying it and would recommend it however it can be difficult living in such a different country. In total there are 4 students from the UK and about 20 Greek students in my year and we are split into 2 classes of about 12. The Greeks are all really friendly and know English well enough to do a vet course in it! I live in an apartment with one of the English guys on the course and we live better than most of my friends in England do for less! Not many people here speak English but you can get by on hand gestures! I haven't been home since the start of the semester so I haven't done any traveling yet however I will be flying back next week for Christmas! The holidays are a bit rubbish but we do get a long lime for summer and three weeks for Christmas.
I hope this helps and keep the questions coming!

Josh :smile:
I'm heading to Budapest in September to study the english vet med course mate. I'm from the UK as well. Message me if you're considering going there!
Reply 5
Hey :smile: im just in the process of applying to budapest for the vet med course hoping to go there in september :smile:
Did you apply straight to the uni? Have you visited it?
Original post by Naidoo28
Hey :smile: im just in the process of applying to budapest for the vet med course hoping to go there in september :smile:
Did you apply straight to the uni? Have you visited it?

No I haven't visited yet, heard it's a great city though! Just finishing my third year of Zoology. I'll be joining in September as well so it's good to know there'll be another Brit applying aha
Reply 7
Just to throw it out there, there's also UVM Kosice :wink:

We have a 4 year post BSc course and fees are cheaper than Budapest. They've just opened the new €7million Small Animal hospital, Ruminants was rebuilt this year, Equine and Pigs a couple years ago. We also got our EAEVE Approval and Accreditation this year too.

Wherever you go I'd recommend visiting and speak to some of the older students there. I was stuck between two universities and after speaking to lots of Final years my decision was firmly made.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a great time studying abroad!
Reply 8
Hi, any Indian Student studying at Trakia University for vet medicine @ Stara Zagora, Bulgaria??
Yeah here are
There*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending