Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I know most of you are undergrads or in college, but I'd still value your opinion!

This year (subject to change), applications for PGCEs (postgraduate teaching) will open on 18th October. Unlike undergraduate, they are on a first come first serve basis. I've got work experience secured for 3 days in mid-November, and will be working every Tuesday in a school from the first week of October until the end of May. I should also be getting two afternoons in the first week of October at a local sixth form college. My issue is that when I submit my application, I will probably only have about four days of experience, although if I have any potential interviews in mid-November, I should have over the suggested 10 days.

I'm applying for Secondary English (KCL, for example, only have 13 places per year), which is a competitive course. So my question is, should I wait until I have the ten days, and then apply, or should I apply on the deadline due to the competitiveness of the programme?

ReputationRep:
    Bump!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.