The Student Room Group

Only clinical work experience is after the UCAS Med Deadline

Hi, so I have a clinical work placement at a Cardiology Department, however this is in November, which is past the UCAS deadline but before interviews.

Furthermore, this is the only clinical work experience I have managed to obtain, past virtual webinars and shadowing a dentist etc.

Seeing as medical work experience is essential for the application, how would I put this on my personal statement or in UCAS? I have dissected hearts at school and undertaken MOOCs in cardiopathology. Maybe a way to link it to that? Or maybe just saying I plan on undertaking it? Or something else?
Original post by magnolia_n
Hi, so I have a clinical work placement at a Cardiology Department, however this is in November, which is past the UCAS deadline but before interviews.

Furthermore, this is the only clinical work experience I have managed to obtain, past virtual webinars and shadowing a dentist etc.

Seeing as medical work experience is essential for the application, how would I put this on my personal statement or in UCAS? I have dissected hearts at school and undertaken MOOCs in cardiopathology. Maybe a way to link it to that? Or maybe just saying I plan on undertaking it? Or something else?

in person clinical work experience is not essential, as it is difficult to obtain. virtual wex will suffice. i put volunteering and part time job on my ps, as these provided me with more relevant skills/traits than my virtual wex, and i mentioned that i will be undertaking a clinical placement after the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending