Research for Local History C/W! Watch

The Nightingale
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
My distance- learning tutor has gone away on holiday for the summer, having left me the task of doing ALL the research and the first draft of my 'local studies', History coursework! I sent him an email before he went away with a few questions, but I'm still not one hundred percent sure what to do!

I've chosen a local history site (a school) and have tried to conduct some basic research on the builiding, however, I am slightly confused about what it is I've got to research exactly. The question I must answer is ' Why was your chosen site built there in the first place'?

He sent me this email before he left:

Research in terms of actions of the council, actions of a group of people, one leading light

Now, what does he mean by this? Does he want me to find out why the council/groups of people wanted the school built there? I'm very unsure...

Please reply if you can help, I'm desperate!
Original Legend
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Nightingale)

He sent me this email before he left:

Research in terms of actions of the council, actions of a group of people, one leading light

Yes, it means that why did the council build it and why
The actions of the group means what did the do
The leading light means where they got the idea from...

I think anyway

Hope this helped

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1201)
79.54%
Leave (309)
20.46%

Watched Threads