The Student Room Group

I Can’t Decide 🎶

I’ve received offers to study Ancient History and Archaeology at Cardiff, Durham and Southampton. But I’m having a difficult time deciding since they all have their pros and cons. If anyone is doing any of these courses or thinking about them, some thoughts or more information would be lovely.
Reply 1
Original post by I.Stockton
I’ve received offers to study Ancient History and Archaeology at Cardiff, Durham and Southampton. But I’m having a difficult time deciding since they all have their pros and cons. If anyone is doing any of these courses or thinking about them, some thoughts or more information would be lovely.

Congratulations! Unfortunately I don't have any advice, since I am just finishing my UCAS, but would love to know what expected grades you have to get those offers. thanks & hope you get some good replies.
Reply 2
Original post by LLLucy
Congratulations! Unfortunately I don't have any advice, since I am just finishing my UCAS, but would love to know what expected grades you have to get those offers. thanks & hope you get some good replies.

Hya!
The typical grades to get these offers?
Durham AAB
Southampton AAB-ABB
Cardiff ABB-BBB
My UCAS grades were A* A* A but I must admit that I’m not wholly comfortable in my abilities to actually achieve this.
Most of the time it’s AAB but my mocks went well.
I wish you luck though, sending in the application is always nerve-racking x
Reply 3
Durham or Southampton because Cardiff doesn't rate as highly for those subjects. Durham rates best overall of all those.
(But Leicester is actually best overall for research quality because of History).
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by I.Stockton

Congratulations on your offers! I'd recommend researching more on the classics / archaeology departments of these universities and the course content to find the one you like the most! And have a look at the excavation opportunities for these universities too! I assume Durham will have good local excavation opportunities with its proximity to Binchester Roman Fort and of course Hadrian's Wall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending