The Student Room Group

Art Foundation Courses

Coming from Africa, I've been officially studying Art for a year, starting in Year 12. Now in Year 13, while I was still unsure about a degree course in Industrial Design, my teachers brought up the idea of doing an Art Foundation first, to get more exposure in various design fields, and get more grounded in Art, allowing me to make a more informed choice, which I've agreed with. My teacher recommended Central Saint Martins, Falmouth and Kingston, and my mum later on found The Manchester School of Art. After looking into them, they all look really top notch, and super hard to get into! I'm really feeling out of my depth here. Does anyone have any advice, other recommendations, insight into any of the universities, or even just tips on things like how to go about the whole process portfolios, personal statements and such?
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Thanks! I used the link you gave and posted it under Creative and Performance Arts as well as Art and Design Courses. Hopefully, I'll be more successful this time!

Quick Reply

Latest