The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Can someone from St. Andrews help me?

This is my first year here at St. Andrews and so far I am enjoying myself.
I've made some nice friends and I really love my hall so hardly any complaints, bar one.
While all my friends and most people on my courses have been adopted I have yet to find my academic parents. I'm incredibly shy unfortunately and so I haven't had much luck with speaking to many third years apart from a few but they're all either not adopting or already have children.
It's making me feel quite anxious as I know raisin weekend is big here and all my friends have had dinners or went out with their mums and dads and it's slightly disheartening.
Basically would it be taboo or seem strange if I went home for raisin weekend as it runs into independent reading week? I keep checking flight prices as well but I'm at a loss.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Original post by rlecnihi
This is my first year here at St. Andrews and so far I am enjoying myself.
I've made some nice friends and I really love my hall so hardly any complaints, bar one.
While all my friends and most people on my courses have been adopted I have yet to find my academic parents. I'm incredibly shy unfortunately and so I haven't had much luck with speaking to many third years apart from a few but they're all either not adopting or already have children.
It's making me feel quite anxious as I know raisin weekend is big here and all my friends have had dinners or went out with their mums and dads and it's slightly disheartening.
Basically would it be taboo or seem strange if I went home for raisin weekend as it runs into independent reading week? I keep checking flight prices as well but I'm at a loss.
Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Don't worry!

There are still academic parents looking for children, have a look at the Class of 2020 page :smile:

You can also have a look at Populus: https://www.facebook.com/populussta/photos/a.1174497939260597.1073741828.1173065196070538/1255633974480326/?type=3&theater - they seem to be trying to help match up kids and parents. The student union also does speed adoptions nearer the time of raisin.

It'd be such a shame for you to fly back and miss out on the fun! I swear that parents will want you as much as you want them.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending