Politics Applicants 2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't see a thread for us so I thought I'd start one off - I know it's quite early, but I can see from the general university applicants thread that quite a few people have sent off their applications already!).

Options: Sheffield (AAB); Loughborough (ABB); De Montfort (BBB); Leicester (BBB); Lincoln (CCC)
    GCSE grades: 3 As, 5 Bs, 3 Cs
    AS grades: AAA in Creative Writing, Government and Politics, and Sociology
    A2 predicted grades: I haven't been told them, but I'm self-predicting AAA considering how well I did last year
    Why Politics?: It can be really frustrating to study as it changes so much (especially since the 23rd June :laugh:), but I find it fascinating. I'm particularly interested in European politics (especially Scandinavia) - but really, there's not an aspect I find boring!

ReputationRep:
    Hola!

Options: LSE (AAA), UCL (A*AA), KCL (AAB), St Andrews (AAA), Edinburgh (ABB)
    GCSE grades: 10 A*s
    AS Grades: AAAA in German, Spanish, Politics and History
    Predicted Grades: A*A*A*
    Why Politics? Likewise I find it really interesting and relevant a subject. I plan to study it with languages which I feel works well as a combination in such a globalised world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Hola!

Why Politics? Likewise I find it really interesting and relevant a subject. I plan to study it with languages which I feel works well as a combination in such a globalised world.
    What UCL degree offers politics? & what Kings degree offers politics for AAB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Anyone got an offer yet?
    Got one from Birmingham yesterday

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Options: Exeter (AAA), Bristol (AAA), Lancaster (AAB), QMUL (ABB), Sussex (AAB-ABB)
    GCSES: 8 As 2 Bs
    Didn't take any AS Exams
    Predicted A* A B (History, English Literature & French)
    Had two offers from QMUL & Lancaster (both ABB)

Why politics? Especially considering Brexit and the political turbulence we are enduring at the minute, Politics is key to having a real understanding of the world and it is something I've always found interesting. I shadowed my local MP and went to Sunday Politics with her. I hope to go to Exeter or Bristol with Lancaster as my probable insurance choice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Options are Warwick (AAA), Bath (AAA), Exeter (AAA), Cardiff (AAB) and Birmingham (ABB).
    GCSEs are 4A*s 4As and 3Bs
    Predicted A*A*A in Politics, History and Philosophy.

So far, I have had an offer from Cardiff and an unconditional from Birmingham.

Good luck everyone for your applications!

ReputationRep:
    Hey ,
    Options: Edinburgh ( ABB) , LSE( AAA) , Leeds (AAB) , York ( AAA) , Exeter (AAB)
    GCSEs : 3A's, 1B , 6C's
    Predicted : ABB in Media , Gov and Pol , English lit ( hoping to surpass for A*AA- I started a thread called "my journey to PPE" talking about this challenge)
    Offers: conditional from Leeds ( AAB)

I'm going to be publishing all my A2 and AS politics stuff and advice/tips on how to get an A in politics on my thread "my journey to PPE " feel free to comment/check it out

Why politics? One of the most interesting and engaging courses that make you consider every aspect of life from the economic practicalities to the philosophical thoughts. Politics is a degree that evolves around everyone and impacts us socially, politically and economically

ReputationRep:
    Options: LSE (AAA), Warwick (AAA), Exeter (AAA), Bath (AAA) and Nottingham (AAB)
    GCSEs: 2 A*s, 7 A's, 3 B's
    AS: AAA in Gov and Pol, Maths, and English Lit
    A2 predicted: A*A*A in Gov and Pol, Maths and History

Defo my fav subject and I love how it's something that affects so many people today in a modern world. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Babs Posh;68473386]Options: LSE (AAA), Warwick (AAA), Exeter (AAA), Bath (AAA) and Nottingham (AAB)
    GCSEs: 2 A*s, 7 A's, 3 B's
    AS: AAA in Gov and Pol, Maths, and English Lit
    A2 predicted: A*A*A in Gov and Pol, Maths and History

Defo my fav subject and I love how it's something that affects so many people today in a modern world. Good luck everyone! [/QUOTE

are you applying for government at lse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rolaah)
    Hola!

are you applying for government at lse?
    also what are you applying for at kings and ucl

ReputationRep:
    Have politics offers this week;

Leeds- politics at AAB ( Tuesday )
    York- politics and philosophy at AAA ( yesterday )

2 offers in 1 week

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow politics fans

Options: Manchester (ABB); Sheffield (AAB); Leeds (AAB); Cardiff (ABB); Bristol (AAB)
    GCSE grades: 2A*s, 5As, 2Bs
    AS grades: AAB in English Lit, French and RE (I'm still mad)
    A2 predicted grades: AAA (rip me)
    Why Politics?: I want to change the world man! Haha I'm only half kidding. I'm really passionate about world issues, particularly international development, and I'm active on my local politics scene. I love the feeling of engaging in a political debate and learning from someone with completely opposite views to you.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Politics and IR

Options: Exeter (AAA/AAB), Bristol (AAA), Warwick (AAA), KCL (AAA), LSE (AAA)
    GCSE grades: 5 A*s, 4 As. 1 B
    AS grades: AAAA Economics, Psychology, Maths, Physics
    A2 predicted grades: A*A*AA

I've had offers from Exeter and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguinvscorpion)

When did you get your offer from Exeter and what are the entry requirements?

ReputationRep:

Which do you intend making your Insurance choice since they all have essentially the same grade requirement .......

ReputationRep:

Well done! When did you hear back from Warwick if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:

did you apply for pure politics at kings? have you heard anything from them

ReputationRep:
    @willpatrick7 I got my Exeter offer last Wednesday. They asked me for AAA.

@returnmigrant I'm taking a risk by simply not having an insurance choice. I will technically have one on UCAS but it's probably only going to be just for me to decide where I really want to go. I'm doing 4 subjects for my A2 and all my offers should be for 3, meaning I would still be safe if I messed up an exam. Together with my predicted grades, I don't see myself achieving below AAA in 3 subjects this year.

@lauren_atkins Thanks! I got my Warwick offer last Friday.

@amukaty Yes I did apply just for pure politics at King's. The only thing I have heard from them was them asking me to complete a fees assessment questionnaire, nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    @willpatrick7 I got my Exeter offer last Wednesday. They asked me for AAA.

@returnmigrant I'm taking a risk by simply not having an insurance choice. I will technically have one on UCAS but it's probably only going to be just for me to decide where I really want to go. I'm doing 4 subjects for my A2 and all my offers should be for 3, meaning I would still be safe if I messed up an exam. Together with my predicted grades, I don't see myself achieving below AAA in 3 subjects this year.

@lauren_atkins Thanks! I got my Warwick offer last Friday.

@amukaty Yes I did apply just for pure politics at King's. The only thing I have heard from them was them asking me to complete a fees assessment questionnaire, nothing else.
    sorry to bombard you with questions but:
    Are you an international student? when did you get a fee status question from kings?

also are you applyong for government at lse?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.