The Student Room Group

Politics Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Why did you apply for Politics and international relations? I feel it's more political, foreign policy and international government relationships. Government is too british democracy boring ish. & i'm predicted 3 A's & got A A B in A.S, politics, economics and business

I applied for government not pol and ir. They have the same modules so I'm not too sure what the difference is other than the IR part. When did you apply? Where else did you apply?
Reply 101
Original post by Foji
Yeah, but there's also a 'government' degree they have which is democracy and politics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds more interesting tbh
Where is everyone thinking of making their Firm/Insurance?

(And if you haven't yet received decisions for all of your 5 choices - which Unis are you still waiting for?)
Original post by returnmigrant
Where is everyone thinking of making their Firm/Insurance?

(And if you haven't yet received decisions for all of your 5 choices - which Unis are you still waiting for?)

LSE should be in Jan, Feb the latest but I know that Edinburgh take their time with humanities degrees

Still have not heard back from Exeter. Does that mean they don't like me? Havent got rejected yet
Reply 104
Original post by Sophwintsxoxo
LSE should be in Jan, Feb the latest but I know that Edinburgh take their time with humanities degrees

Still have not heard back from Exeter. Does that mean they don't like me? Havent got rejected yet

which of the unis you applied to is ur favourite?
Original post by Tols
which of the unis you applied to is ur favourite?

LSE ( I might go here to make things work better with the person I'm seeing, they are in London) OR Edinburgh ( but my heart is really here)
Original post by Sophwintsxoxo
LSE ( I might go here to make things work better with the person I'm seeing, they are in London) OR Edinburgh ( but my heart is really here)

Check out my politics revision blog and uni journey here, I just posted something

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4400420#primary_content
Original post by Ifizeen
I got an offer for politics and philosophy from York as well!! (on the 1st of November) Congratulations :biggrin:

Congratulations!! My plain is to do a joint in politics and philosophy and ask to pick up economics because I wanted to do PPE but don't do maths at a level. My blog on TSR : "My journey for PPE " explains my uni plans and has some really good revision tools for Politics
I haven't heard from Durham :frown: I think they reply in early March
Reply 109
Original post by phillies21
Anyone Durham/Edinburgh yet?

Not heard from Durham, saw on another thread that some politics applicants have been receiving offers though:K:.
Reply 110
Just received an AAB offer from Exeter!
Original post by tols
just received an aab offer from exeter!

congraaats!!
Reply 112
Original post by Ifizeen
congraaats!!

Thank u !!
Reply 113
Got a Politics and Philosophy offer - Exeter AAB
politics + international relations

where i applied? Kings (got denied) Lancaster (ABB offer) Manchester (AAB offer) Kent (ABB) Aberdeen (BBB)

why politics? after i study politics i will start communist revolution, i will infiltrate the bourgeoisie system pretending to be a "politician", once inside then i initiate our proletariat revolution to overthrow the capitalist system. together comrades we shall unite and take back whats ours! we will live in a utopia with me being the dictator of course x
Reply 115
Original post by nicolai123

why politics? after i study politics i will start communist revolution, i will infiltrate the bourgeoisie system pretending to be a "politician", once inside then i initiate our proletariat revolution to overthrow the capitalist system. together comrades we shall unite and take back whats ours! we will live in a utopia with me being the dictator of course x

Why else
Reply 116
Original post by nicolai123

where i applied? Kings (got denied) Lancaster (ABB offer) Manchester (AAB offer) Kent (ABB) Aberdeen (BBB)

Did your predicted grades meet the Kings AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
Did your predicted grades meet the Kings AAA?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nope my predicted grades AAB so denied xd
Original post by Tols
Why else

you want full manifesto or wht ? xd
Hey guys!
Options: Swansea (ABB), Leeds (AAB), QMUL (AAB) and waiting on York and Durham
GCSE grades: 5 A*s, 6 As, 2 Bs and a Distinction*
AS grades: AABD in History, Government & Politics, Biology and Maths respectively
A2 predicted grades: AAB

I think I'll end up firming QMUL as it's Politics with a Year Abroad, and I know I definitely want to do that as part of my degree:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending