The Student Room Group

Counters Society Records and Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
So, I wanted to make part 1 of CTAM public. However at 18k it was too large. So I initially wanted to split it in half, into 2 threads of 9k each. However, the site won't let me move more than 400 posts at once, and ideally shouldn't be merging any threads with more than 10 posts in them. Therefore, I've had to split part 1 into 26 different threads. I've now done this, moved them back to Forum Games.

I've edited your post (the one you linked in this quote) with the list of them all. :biggrin:

@spotify95 FYI

That's excellent news, thanks for getting CTAM Part 1 back into public! :smile:

I remember discussing with the Community Team about the thread and they decided to run a trial to see how far we could go with regards to thread sizes. Hence why this one went up to 18k - the CT found out that 18k was as far as they could go.

I do wonder whether 15k would have allowed for the thread to remain in public - or if not, what the largest size was that could have allowed the thread to be public. But the good news is, it's now public again! :smile:

Thanks for getting this done for us - appreciated!
Original post by 04MR17
So, I wanted to make part 1 of CTAM public. However at 18k it was too large. So I initially wanted to split it in half, into 2 threads of 9k each. However, the site won't let me move more than 400 posts at once, and ideally shouldn't be merging any threads with more than 10 posts in them. Therefore, I've had to split part 1 into 26 different threads. I've now done this, moved them back to Forum Games.

I've edited your post (the one you linked in this quote) with the list of them all. :biggrin:

@spotify95 FYI

amazing forum surgical skills :biggrin: now we know who got the first 10k post

Quick Reply

Latest