The Student Room Group

Counters Society Records and Discussion Thread

This poll is closed

. 0%
.100%
Total votes: 1

Hello counters!
This thread is about the Counters Society!

:party:

If you would like to join the counting crew then you need to have at least ten posts in the most up-to-date Count to a Million thread.:yep:

If you have any questions, feel free to post in this thread.

Index of Records and data:
Top 10 posters for each thread, and all time.
100 post competition stats

The Counters Society Hall of Fame

These are the all time top 100 users who have contributed over the years to CTAM.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The Counters VIP Club
These are users who have contributed over 100 posts to CTAM.

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
Tagging in regular users to discuss rules/set up for the new society.
By the way, just realised that the thread title is wrong!

I got tagged first :teehee:
I am now joined :colone::tongue:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
I got tagged first
I am now joined
To be honest it just goes in alphabetical order. But oh well.
Original post by 04MR17
To be honest it just goes in alphabetical order. But oh well.

That's the excuse they all give :colone:
I've PMed the old members, haven't had responses but one has started counting again which is always good.
I copied eterna and spotify into that one as the leader and deputy.

Spotify, you were going to look at the threads and see what needs removing, I'd already removed the old parts of the threads, to keep it current, but we can always reinstate them if you feel it's necessary. There are also a few threads untouched for a while...

I'll find my original ideas for this in a PM to spotify, one of the aims of this thread is to modify/expand on these ideas.
Hi guys :smile:

Just removed some of the old threads, such as MMTZ/CTAM by 10's/CTAM in binary/CTAM by multiplication and addition etc. As these were condemned a while ago and moved to the Recycle Bin.

Personally I'd have kept the previous parts of CTAM/CTAMM etc, so that we had a record of the history of the threads... what does anyone else think?
My initial idea (to be edited, of course):

The second or third* post from a new counter results in a welcome PM saying that seven or eight* more posts and they could be in the counters society.

The entry requirement is at least 10* posts across all threads leads to an invite PM.

Members receive monthly* news PMs to promote the threads. And smaller competitions (see below).

Smaller competitions e.g. hundreds posts etc occur throughout, being promoted by newsletter.

Users who haven't counted in 1 month* receive a PM telling them that unless they post another number within a week, they're out of the society. NOTE, this is so the society is seen as exclusive/desirable, encouraging people to continue counting.

Spotify as leader oversees the society, with several deputies stewarding a thread each, monitoring post numbers every week and sending subsequent PMs. If a deputy is unavailable for a week, Spotify as leader covers.

*These variables are subject to change.

Please note, this is by no means decided, hence this thread, to discuss these ideas, and develop them.
Thank you for including me into this, @04MR17 and @spotify95! :yep:

:moon:
No problem. As the most prominent counter currently, it wouldn't be right to not include you in decision making about the way that the threads will be organised. Because you're keeping them ticking at the minute.

Original post by PerplexingGeode

No worries :smile: If you've got any suggestions/comments to improve the CTAM society, let us know :smile:
Original post by spotify95
Just removed some of the old threads, such as MMTZ/CTAM by 10's/CTAM in binary/CTAM by multiplication and addition etc. As these were condemned a while ago and moved to the Recycle Bin. Personally I'd have kept the previous parts of CTAM/CTAMM etc, so that we had a record of the history of the threads... what does anyone else think?
I think if those threads end up on the second page (I presume it's ordered by last post) then I have no issues with it. But when I first looked, it had CTAM part 8 and before and it just looked so outdated. By the way, I take it you control membership? I can make people deputies and add/remove threads but that's it for my power as far as I can tell...
Looking at pending members, brent is still a current member, I will PM him with Society details. As for battybirdwoman, hasn't posted since CTAM part 4!
Original post by 04MR17
No problem. As the most prominent counter currently, it wouldn't be right to not include you in decision making about the way that the threads will be organised. Because you're keeping them ticking at the minute.

I certainly do enjoy the counting threads, and being a perfectionist; I prefer the numbers to correspond to the correct post number, so if I observe any numbers that require edits, I usually pass on the message to Spotify - due to being too shy to talk to members that have not initiated conversation with me first. :colondollar:

Original post by spotify95
No worries :smile: If you've got any suggestions/comments to improve the CTAM society, let us know :smile:

I will do! :smile:

I have previously thought of a few examples, however; they would be quite similar to the current threads. I was perhaps thinking of a CT25M (Therefore, it would be count to 25 million, in increments of 25). :h:

I certainly do enjoy the counting threads, and being a perfectionist; I prefer the numbers to correspond to the correct post number, so if I observe any numbers that require edits, I usually pass on the message to Spotify - due to being too shy to talk to members that have not initiated conversation with me first.
We need to think of a title for you. But like, one that can be transferred...
Original post by 04MR17
We need to think of a title for you. But like, one that can be transferred...

I do not think a title is entirely necessary - as I am content with observing the boards and reporting issues with it to either yourself or Spotify, without having a designated role. :yep: :h:
I do not think a title is entirely necessary - as I am content with observing the boards and reporting issues with it to either yourself or Spotify, without having a designated role.
I was thinking more like, Secretary General of the Counting Threads (Ban-Ki-Moon style). Just a ceremonial title, semi-serious and establishes you as an important person in this part of TSR.
Thanks for the tag but I'm not really interested in joining the counters society sorry :colondollar:

I certainly do enjoy the counting threads, and being a perfectionist; I prefer the numbers to correspond to the correct post number, so if I observe any numbers that require edits, I usually pass on the message to Spotify - due to being too shy to talk to members that have not initiated conversation with me first. :colondollar:

:lolwut: Your too shy to talk to people on online?? :erm: that doesn't make any sense to me, I can understand in real life but online? All your doing is typing bunch of words on a screen lol it shouldn't be too hard to speak to random people online.
Original post by 04MR17
I was thinking more like, Secretary General of the Counting Threads (Ban-Ki-Moon style). Just a ceremonial title, semi-serious and establishes you as an important person in this part of TSR.

That sounds like an excellent idea, indeed. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest