The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Midwifery 2017 applicants

Hi there,
I have applied for midwifery courses at Greenwich and Canterbury Christ church for March / April 2017 intake, I have my qualifications and an lucky enough to work in delivery suite as a mca which I absolutely love and feel gives a good insight into the role of a midwife and what they do. my question is does anyone know how long it takes for them to offer you an interview just The deadline for UCAS is January and if I'm lucky enough to get a place in March it doesn't leave me long to hand my notice in at work and sort finance etc.... Plus it's driving me mad waiting and constantly checking my emails, I suppose no news is good news lol xxx
Original post by Dawson79
Hi there,
I have applied for midwifery courses at Greenwich and Canterbury Christ church for March / April 2017 intake, I have my qualifications and an lucky enough to work in delivery suite as a mca which I absolutely love and feel gives a good insight into the role of a midwife and what they do. my question is does anyone know how long it takes for them to offer you an interview just The deadline for UCAS is January and if I'm lucky enough to get a place in March it doesn't leave me long to hand my notice in at work and sort finance etc.... Plus it's driving me mad waiting and constantly checking my emails, I suppose no news is good news lol xxx

Hi Dawson did you have any luck ?
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by Louiserobbins
Hi Dawson did you have any luck ?

Hi ya ,
I was offered an interview with Greenwich and then a place so start in March 2017 can't wait xx 😬
Congratulations 😃Me too . I am already at Greenwich doing psychology it's a nice uni 👍
Reply 4
hi guys! I will have my numeracy and literacy in 2 weeks and I am so nervous :frown: , just wondering if you can give me some advice or suggestions on how to pass my exam. Thanks in advance!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi Jhezy

Is this for Greenwich?
Reply 6
Hi ya ,
I have been offered a place in Greenwich for midwifery .
For the selection day you get an hour to do a maths and English test.
Maths is about 15 questions with 20 marks available you need to get 15 marks. Practice basic stuff like percentages etc....
for the English you have to do an essay of 250 words on a question they give you. You need to get 60% to pass it.
You can do which ever u want first xx
Reply 7
Can you give me any website to practice my numeracy and for literacy, what sort of question is it?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Louiserobbins
Hi Jhezy

Is this for Greenwich?

Yes it is :smile:
Reply 9
My English question was something like the "meaning of midwife"
Look on websites for NHS numeracy tests should have some examples x
Reply 10
Original post by Dawson79
My English question was something like the "meaning of midwife"