The Student Room Group

The Welsh football thread

Not aware of a current thread relating to the national side, so here goes. We can even discuss the seemingly season long precession for TNS winning the Welsh premier league, if anyone really wants to.

Road to Russia 2018 fixtures and results

Wales 4 - 0 Moldova
Austria 2 - 2 Wales
Wales 1 - 1 Georgia
Wales 1 - 1 Serbia
ROI 0 - 0 Wales
Serbia 1 - 1 Wales
Wales 1 - 0 Austria
Moldova 0 - 2 Wales
Georgia 0 v 1 Wales
Wales 0 v 1 Dirty Irish *******s
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Getting the thread underway with a disappointing 1-1 draw against a surprisingly very decent Georgian team. 2 points dropped and takes the shine of the 2-2 draw in Austria.
Do you have no other strikers besides Vokes and Robson Kanu? Both are absolutely dire.
Original post by sr90
Do you have no other strikers besides Vokes and Robson Kanu? Both are absolutely dire.

Simon Church is the other option, and he makes Vokes look like Suarez. It's the thing that's preventing us going from a solid team to a genuinely dangerous side. Obviously with Ramsey in the side we look a lot better going forward, but if Bale doesn't score the goals then they don't tend to come all that often.
Today makes you realise how thread bare we are if decent players unfortunately.

When we have Allen and Ramsey playing in midfield we look a far better side. I guess it's hardly surprising when you consider the quality of some of the others. But they need to play for us if we want to qualify.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unlucky. Definitely two points dropped.The next two games will make or break it imo.

I don't think Wales will qualify.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Unlucky. Definitely two points dropped.The next two games will make or break it imo.

I don't think Wales will qualify.

4 points minimum required, which won't be easy.

The expectation is the weird part about all of this. It's really difficult to qualify, just one team automatically and in the play-offs you could play France/Holland or Spain/Italy. No stand out side in this group, but 5 decent sides.
I've been planning out how I'm going out to Russia to celebrate finishing my degree, but I think I may need to tone down those expectations..
Another frustrating night at the CCS, with the game almost a carbon copy of last months home Game against Georgia. We've now lost 6 points from winning positions in the last 3 games.

The midfield never really got a grip of the game, Joe Allen unharacteristically poor in a Welsh shirt, and Ramsey continuously lost possession, he looked short of match sharpness. Disappointing as his vision, movement and energy are top notch, if he can develop consistency in his final ball he can be a world beater. I'd like to see him leave Arsenal and get some first choice game time playing in the hole.

I've never seen Neil Taylor play a game of football, regardless of the level, where he hasn't looked completely out of his depth.

Qualification, at least automatic, is very tricky from here on in, imo we'll have to beat Ireland home and away and then pick up 10 points from the remaining 4 games.
(edited 7 years ago)
Unlucky, saw they scored a late equaliser.

Not over yet :smile:
Joe Allen, Ramsey and Bale all make the 40 man shortlist for UEFA team of the year. That's three more players than England have, if anyone's wondering.

Robson-Kanu's Messi-esque goal against Belgium makes the Puskas award nominees. That's one more player than England have, if anyone's wondering.
Reply 10
this thread :rofl:

gotta admire @The Wavefunction dedication to Wales.
Original post by swirly
this thread :rofl:

gotta admire @The Wavefunction dedication to Wales.

You should see the Leeds one
They'll be dancing in the streets of TNS tonight
Don't think anyone can get anywhere near TNS
TNS haven't dropped a point this season and average almost 4 goals a game, champions league beckons
Reply 15
Original post by The Wavefunction
TNS haven't dropped a point this season and average almost 4 goals a game, champions league beckons

WTF IS TNS

i've been googling and all I can find is TNS Global market research and TNS public affairs agency :frown:
Original post by swirly
WTF IS TNS

i've been googling and all I can find is TNS Global market research and TNS public affairs agency :frown:

The New Saints FC
How do TNS compare in terms of English sides? Would they be able to compete in the Conference for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
How do TNS compare in terms of English sides? Would they be able to compete in the Conference for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly have no idea
18 straight wins now for TNS.

Quick Reply

Latest