The Student Room Group

I messed up

I know its probably way too late to change anything now but I am 18 years old, I just started my creative writing degree at university and recently I've been really thinking and reading up, and I have a huge desire to pursue medicine and I am so annoyed at myself because throughout the years I didn't know what I wanted to study and I kept looking and nothing appealed to me so I chose creative writing because I liked english as a subject and enjoyed writing. But now I am realising I really do want to pursue medicine, however I took International Baccalaureate and I didn't take chemistry or biology (but took them at gcse) and I do know you need those two to get into any university for medicine. So now I am wondering is it too late to change anything? Am I stuck and I will never be able to pursue what I realise I want to now?
If you have good grades in your Bac, you could consider applying for medicine with a foundation year (designed for people with non-science A-levels or equivalent). *You'd need to get some work work experience, take the UKCAT, and do all the usual things like a good PS and a variety of extra-curriculars.
It sounds as though some work experience would be a good thing to do generally, to make sure that you're making the right decision changing career direction. *Best of luck.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending