The Student Room Group

EES or EPQ for a career in physics?

Starting sixth form, plan to study physics at university.
There are two extra curricular things in school right now: an EPQ and an EES.
An EPQ is an extra project qualification wherein you can research anything and receive a grade based on how well your researched and your conclusions. It's worth as much as an AS.
An EES (not sure if that's how you say it but oh well) is basically where you are given a company who want you to design something for a certain purpose (e.g. seats that can withstand certain stuff). You research it, design it and then make it with a team and you then present it to the company, who may or may not actually use the idea. It's got the same time and work as a Gold CREST award.
My problem is deciding between the two. My idea for an EPQ would be something related to quantum physics, though I'm worried that the level of maths would be too high. I've also seen some people say the EPQ is a waste of time.
However, I've heard others say that an EPQ would be worth more than an EES.
Any advice on which to choose?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest