The Student Room Group

OCR Biology A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level) (H420)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have last years AS depth and breath paper. Could really do with it rn.

Thanks
are your recommendation for AS or A2?

and would you reckon I do the practice questions on the textbook and past papers than the end of topic question? cause I'm not sure if I'd have time to do them all
Original post by CutieTootsie
1. Yes
2. No (follow the spec and tick off as you go along)

To answer your question, I still haven't gotten used to answering Biology questions 😂 I'm still working on it!

I plan to do all end of topic questions (I suggest you do the same) 😊 Hope this helps!

Regarding the physics and maths tutor site, did you do the past papers on the old spec? because the new biology started in 2015, right? so would it be worth having a go at those old pastpapers?
Original post by AmiraKadd
Yes please! And no I don't sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could I please have set 1 papers? :smile: And no I don't sorry :frown:
Original post by medicapplicant
i have the set 1 practice papers if anyone wants them, does anyone have set 2 papers?

Could you please send me the set 1 papers to revise from, thanks :smile:
i have the set 1 practice papers if anyone wants them, does anyone have set 2 papers?

Please could I have the set 1 papers? :smile: and no sorry i dont have them :frown:
Pm me, I have paper 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please, no I don't sorry :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done the specimen paper 1 ? I found it so hard :frown: multple choice 6/15
and overall 42/100 most of the content was alright but on the first 6 mark question about why and how catalase is regulated i messed up and on most of the experimental questions i missed out key bits or was talking about something else. Are there any sites that offer biology multiple choice questions? And any advice on how to improve my exam technique. We don't have very much time left and im starting to panick :frown:
+ i have a mock for the paper 1 practice next week the last thing i want to do fail it i am aiming for a C at least if not i will be devestated because i have been working really hard this year and finished all my content and i am predicted a B this year and gained a C last year
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by lifeisbutadream
Has anyone done the specimen paper 1 ? I found it so hard :frown: multple choice 6/15
and overall 42/100 most of the content was alright but on the first 6 mark question about why and how catalase is regulated i messed up and on most of the experimental questions i missed out key bits or was talking about something else. Are there any sites that offer biology multiple choice questions? And any advice on how to improve my exam technique. We don't have very much time left and im starting to panick :frown:
+ i have a mock for the paper 1 practice next week the last thing i want to do fail it i am aiming for a C at least if not i will be devestated because i have been working really hard this year and finished all my content and i am predicted a B this year and gained a C last year

No, the first paper is quite bad honestly. The second one (all the genetics stuff) is a lot easier. Have a look where you went wrong. With Multiple Choice, people tend to find the one constraints the worst thing and panick as a result so maybe something to work on?
Reply 212
How did people find the set 1 paper biological proceees?
If anyone has PDFs of the set 1 or 2 biology practice papers could they PM me them please
Thanks in advanced!
Original post by Jitesh
If anyone has PDFs of the set 1 or 2 biology practice papers could they PM me them please
Thanks in advanced!

Me too pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 15.05.00.png
Attachment not found

How do I obtain an answer of 0.36 mm s^-1
Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 17.21.12.png Is it even possible to plot a histogram or scatter diagram of this data using

x axis as height mm and

y axis as number of shells
Original post by StA200
No, the first paper is quite bad honestly. The second one (all the genetics stuff) is a lot easier. Have a look where you went wrong. With Multiple Choice, people tend to find the one constraints the worst thing and panick as a result so maybe something to work on?

I found the 6 mark on catalase question really hard, i don't understand the marksheme. Do you have a written answer for that?
hey guys! Just found this thread and I'm stressing :frown: how have you all been revising? Havnt done any specimens yet but I have started doing legacy papers, I feel like the questions and spec are so similar not made much difference that's it's old spec. However, I know there is content new to this spec (like the whole cellular control thing). I was looking through aqa and edexcel new spec specimens and found their spec has all our new stuff practically. Do you think it would be useful to do these or would the mark schemes be too different to be helpful 🤔

Revising biology is so hard with so little resources :frown: need an A as well sigh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending