Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
emmz you are so dense.

Look at when her post was posted.
Reply 21
James_W
emmz you are so dense.

Look at when her post was posted.

:frown: soz i neva look at the date so thats why i cant remember sending any of my previous posts on this thread :rolleyes:
My centre sent of all our coursework (A2 OCR) last Tuesday. Sad to hear that we won't find out what we got on either piece till August. I think the final deadline for OCR is May 1st and I have a feeling AQA also follow the same 'line of thought'. I'm hoping that I at least get an A in this unit (Internal marking came up as 100%) but guess I will have to wait lol. BTW what A2 modules are people doing for Psychology and with what board? I'm doing Psychology and Health along with Psychology and Crime for OCR.
PsychBrainiac
My centre sent of all our coursework (A2 OCR) last Tuesday. Sad to hear that we won't find out what we got on either piece till August. I think the final deadline for OCR is May 1st and I have a feeling AQA also follow the same 'line of thought'. I'm hoping that I at least get an A in this unit (Internal marking came up as 100%) but guess I will have to wait lol. BTW what A2 modules are people doing for Psychology and with what board? I'm doing Psychology and Health along with Psychology and Crime for OCR.

the deadline for OCR is that the coursework must be with the board by 15th may....
I have to hand mine in when we get back after easter!
I am also doing health and crime modules...i thought crime was ok but health seems realy difficult...
what are you revising from?
have you got the psychology in practise books? what do you think of them? have you got any other A2 revision books??

Ruthie
xxxx
Okie Thank You - They have extended it by 2 weeks from last year then - if my HoD is to be believed! :smile:

Hmm - I don't know what I'd prefer actually, getting easter to finish is nice - but I prefer it to be gone lol

I think that Health is easier than Crime, however both units seem quite straightforward apart from learning at least 64 studies over both units. I'm revising from Psychology in Practice books along with additional material supplied by our HoD. Her being an examiner for Psychology OCR really does help! lol and some of stories we have heard when she used to mark the research reports and assignments. Hard to believe people send off the assignment with no article! :tongue:

I haven't got any other A2 revision books apart from the orange one OCR published for Health. Not too useful :tongue: too short. The PiP books are really helpful though. Our centre requires us to complete a Section A and Section B essay for each of the 16 sub-units every two weeks! which is fun lol

Speak to you soon,

Allán
PsychBrainiac
Okie Thank You - They have extended it by 2 weeks from last year then - if my HoD is to be believed! :smile:

Hmm - I don't know what I'd prefer actually, getting easter to finish is nice - but I prefer it to be gone lol

I think that Health is easier than Crime, however both units seem quite straightforward apart from learning at least 64 studies over both units. I'm revising from Psychology in Practice books along with additional material supplied by our HoD. Her being an examiner for Psychology OCR really does help! lol and some of stories we have heard when she used to mark the research reports and assignments. Hard to believe people send off the assignment with no article! :tongue:

I haven't got any other A2 revision books apart from the orange one OCR published for Health. Not too useful :tongue: too short. The PiP books are really helpful though. Our centre requires us to complete a Section A and Section B essay for each of the 16 sub-units every two weeks! which is fun lol

Speak to you soon,

Allán

lol!!!
are the 64 studies detailed in the pip books???
Yeah. I believe that there are around 110 studies altogether which we can well use. However there are many studies which can be applied to two or sometimes even three sub-units. The PiP books are extremely useful for using when doing mocks. I recently got back our first mock last Thursday. Section A 14/16 Section B 30/34. That gave me a total of 44/50 (88%), so an ok Grade A. I was told that I needed to spend less time on Section B part B than on Section B part A lol - I think my teacher is set on me getting 100% in most assessments lol

What about you? Have you done any A2 Psych Mock Exams?
I handed in my Psychology AQA coursework early January - but never thought to ask how much the coursework was actually worth. Does anyone know? I recieved an A therefore it would be nice if it was worth a lot :smile: :tongue:
AQA Unit 6 A2 Coursework is worth 30% - Meaning you got a score out of 90 UMS? An A Grade being 72/90.

OCR it's worth 33.3% not much of a difference but hay!
waiting2smile
I handed in my Psychology AQA coursework early January - but never thought to ask how much the coursework was actually worth. Does anyone know? I recieved an A therefore it would be nice if it was worth a lot :smile: :tongue:

Your A2 Coursework is worth 15% of the A2 Grade.
PsychBrainiac
AQA Unit 6 A2 Coursework is worth 30% - Meaning you got a score out of 90 UMS? An A Grade being 72/90.

Thanks. 30%? You've made my day. :smile:
PsychBrainiac

No, it's worth 15%.
waiting2smile
Thanks. 30%? You've made my day. :smile:

It's 15%, I just checked the AQA Spec.

Your coursework counts for Unit 6, which is worth 15% of your A2 Grade.
bono
It's 15%, I just checked the AQA Spec.

Your coursework counts for Unit 6, which is worth 15% of your A2 Grade.

That's not...fair! Oh well i'm not that terribly worried about Psychology, i'll just learn as much as i can and somehow manage to convince the examiners i know what i'm talking about :tongue: I managed it last year and got an A. And I'm not being complacent - I have a psychology revision session to attend in a few hours.
waiting2smile
That's not...fair! Oh well i'm not that terribly worried about Psychology, i'll just learn as much as i can and somehow manage to convince the examiners i know what i'm talking about :tongue: I managed it last year and got an A.

My apologies Alee. :redface:

I didn't read it properly. This piece of coursework is worth 30% of your A2 Grade, and 15% of your overally A-Level grade.
i.e.) the other person was correct.

My bad. :redface:
http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA-5181-6181-W-SP-05.pdf

It's worth 15% of the TOTAL A Level result. Meaning it is worth 30% of the A2. However when combined with the AS it's only 15% and each unit is halfed in order for the 6 complete units to total 100%.

OCR is 33.3% however only 16.7% of the total. Irrespective of that its worth a 3rd of the A2.

EDIT: lol, Thank you :wink:
PsychBrainiac

It's worth 15% of the TOTAL A Level result. Meaning it is worth 30% of the A2. However when combined with the AS it's only 15% and each unit is halfed in order for the 6 complete units to total 100%.

OCR is 33.3% however only 16.7% of the total. Irrespective of that its worth a 3rd of the A2.

Read my post above mate.
PsychBrainiac

EDIT: lol, Thank you :wink:

Sounds good. Less pressure to do exceptionally well in the exams.
Yeah cool - I got worried then lol. I didn't think I read/interpreted it wrong. They should make things more clear lol :wink:
PsychBrainiac
Yeah cool - I got worried then lol. I didn't think I read/interpreted it wrong. They should make things more clear lol :wink:

Or maybe i shold learn to read more carefully! :tongue:

Yes, it counts as 1 A2 Module.

Latest

Trending

Trending