Reply 60
Wow too many nigerians in this city loool
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by kimsme
I'm interested in code too but they only allow you to move in on the 23rd of Sept. Anyone know when freshers week is at lei? Does it start the week the course starts or the week before?

I think i start on the 28th so i need to know about that too, i am worried about the pricing for private accommodation because i won't be working and i don't want to be stuck on money. Can't work due to my course being 37hours a week of placement , will you be working?
Reply 62
Origin: Jamaican
Applied For: Medicine
Offer? Interviews?: AAA
I think it'll be my firm :smile:
Has anyone picked their accomodation yet (if you put Leicester as your firm choice)?
Original post by Misfitmuffin
Has anyone picked their accomodation yet (if you put Leicester as your firm choice)?

Freeman common nd John foster
Reply 65
Original post by Misfitmuffin

Yeah, Opal Court and Nixon Court
Original post by saraaho

nicenice
Original post by ssmith1990
Freeman common nd John foster

Original post by saraaho

I picked Bowder court (Oadby) and Opal court
Is anyone applying for private student accommodation? Like filbert village, liberty park, the code or merlin heights?
Original post by xoxo97
Is anyone applying for private student accommodation? Like filbert village, liberty park, the code or merlin heights?

I was looking into it
Has anyone heard back/accepted their offer of accomodation from the uni?
Reply 71
Picked Opal Court and Nixon too
Reply 72
Original post by xoxo97

applied to code, hope i'll make friends there tho theyre all studios
Original post by kimsme
applied to code, hope i'll make friends there tho theyre all studios

It's a good accommodation, I chose Merlin Heights. Is anyone else living there?
Reply 74
Have you stayed at code or do you know anyone that's used that accom?
Reply 75
Origin: Ivory coast & Haiti I know its a weird mix but whatever
Applied For: Criminology
Offer? Interviews?: ABB no interview
Honestly the social part of things is most worrying to me I am sociable but I hate when it feels forced. Also what accommodation would be best in terms of
diversity in race? I really dont want to feel out of place, you know?
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm planning to bring my car with me, do you guys think it would be an issue to park etc?
Original post by ShanBella
I'm planning to bring my car with me, do you guys think it would be an issue to park etc?

Hey Shanbella,

Are you planning on living in University accommodation? if so you will have to apply for a free parking permit. Please note that parking is limited at the accommodation sites and there is no parking facilities at Opal Court.

There is also no parking on Campus, there is parking on University Road (this is the road the university is located on) However this is pay and display and is also very limited. This also same for the roads that join University Road.

I hope this helps!

Antonia :smile:
Original post by University of Leicester
Hey Shanbella,

Are you planning on living in University accommodation? if so you will have to apply for a free parking permit. Please note that parking is limited at the accommodation sites and there is no parking facilities at Opal Court.

There is also no parking on Campus, there is parking on University Road (this is the road the university is located on) However this is pay and display and is also very limited. This also same for the roads that join University Road.

I hope this helps!

Hiya, oh that's great then thank you. I have firmed Leicester so I have applied for my accommodation but do you know when I need to apply for the parking permit?
Original post by ShanBella
Hiya, oh that's great then thank you. I have firmed Leicester so I have applied for my accommodation but do you know when I need to apply for the parking permit?

Hiya,

You should apply for a permit when your place at the University and accommodation is confirmed, to make sure that you apply for the right permit,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending