The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Aeronautical engineering 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leonordo
Has any one of the OFFER HOLDERS of OCTOBER BATCH gotten Imperial's Official email offer/acknowledgement or just UCAS?
Are they usually ths late because I still haven't heard anything from them, just the update on UCAS!!

Nope, as far as I know the UCAS update is all they need to give you for you to make your choice. What were you expecting from them? You can always email them if you need something.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Delta Papa
Nope, as far as I know the UCAS update is all they need to give you for you to make your choice. What were you expecting from them? You can always email them if you need something.

Okay! I was expecting a formal offer letter similar to what I got from other unis!
exactly! that's what I was talking about.
I don't even know why I got a skype interview.
Maybe that's the difference between early entries (october) and main entries?

According to the email I've got, I need to do the skype interivew on 3rd of March.
Reply 123
Has anyone applied pre October and is yet to receive any answer?
Ive got offers for UCL, Bristol, MCity and Oxford buy havent heard a thing from Imperial...
Original post by davozgenius
Basics A level stuff the physics question afterward is the challenging bit more like physics olmpiyad.

My advice skip a question if you don't know it(negative marking) Good luck!

Hi there, as our interview dates are looming ahead
Would you be able to give us some advice on the mechanics paper and the technical interview question?

Also how does it compare to the ENGAA?

Thank You for your help in advance😃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by onlyvips
Hi there, as our interview dates are looming ahead
Would you be able to give us some advice on the mechanics paper and the technical interview question?

Also how does it compare to the ENGAA?

Thank You for your help in advance😃

Their is one physics question which is way harder than Engaa, more like physics challege papers and the technical interveiw is mostly calculus and Plotting graphs and probably 1 tough physics question which again is similat to physics challenge questions.
Original post by davozgenius
Their is one physics question which is way harder than Engaa, more like physics challege papers and the technical interveiw is mostly calculus and Plotting graphs and probably 1 tough physics question which again is similat to physics challenge questions.

Thanks man,

Reply 127
Strangely enough I just received an interview invitation today! Im an overseas applicant so I will do an "additional personal statement and an extended technical question". Am not sure if I should withdraw the application or follow through :/, what do you think?
I just got an invite to do the overseas interview. The project sounds like it'll be good fun
Reply 129
Guys if you wish, feel free to send me a friend request on Facebook. I'm Michal Wietlicki.
Once you do that I will be able to add you to an aeronautical Engineering chat on fb.
(edited 7 years ago)
Same here for the overseas interview ! A bit strange as I am French student though !
Hope the question won't be too hard I saw this question about paper falling from a helicopter the other day and it's so far from what we have done in school !
Sounds funny though
(edited 7 years ago)
Hii Sohail, My name is Suhayl too 😭 just a different spelling. Im a UK applicant, and Im applying for mechanical engineering. Still waiting for an interview so I'm getting worried. But if I do get one Ill have to sit a maths test. Im guessing its similar to the one aero applicants sat/will sit, so since you had an interview, what type of maths questions were you asked? Any Further maths style questions and if so what about physics style questions? Thanks for the help
Reply 132
Original post by suhaylpatel786
Hii Sohail, My name is Suhayl too 😭 just a different spelling. Im a UK applicant, and Im applying for mechanical engineering. Still waiting for an interview so I'm getting worried. But if I do get one Ill have to sit a maths test. Im guessing its similar to the one aero applicants sat/will sit, so since you had an interview, what type of maths questions were you asked? Any Further maths style questions and if so what about physics style questions? Thanks for the help

MY friend is in his first year of mechanical eng. at Imperial and he told me they don't do maths test for interviews it's only for aero applicants and even if they do decide to do a maths test then they will inform you in their interview offer letter.
Haha thanks mate !
Question received today, about sending humans to Mars ^^
I love the subject but it seems damn hard XD especially in 300 words

EDIT: are you supposed to make lots of researches ? Or do you have to think about it mostly ?
(edited 7 years ago)
What's the best revision for the Physics Question and The Spoken Interview Question for UK/EU APplicants?

Reply 135
Original post by onlyvips
What's the best revision for the Physics Question and The Spoken Interview Question for UK/EU APplicants?

do some practice questions from online engineering websites :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by Shamyssir
Haha thanks mate !
Question received today, about sending humans to Mars ^^
I love the subject but it seems damn hard XD especially in 300 words

EDIT: are you supposed to make lots of researches ? Or do you have to think about it mostly ?

For me I did quite a lot of research for how it works and stuff like distance btw earth and mars but since no one have actually flown a human to Mars before and since you are not an expert, i suggest you treat it like a Creative essay and make reasonable assumptions and model and you should be ok. That's what I did so yah
Original post by Hmong
For me I did quite a lot of research for how it works and stuff like distance btw earth and mars but since no one have actually flown a human to Mars before and since you are not an expert, i suggest you treat it like a Creative essay and make reasonable assumptions and model and you should be ok. That's what I did so yah

Yeah I've done research on Mars and distances. How did you manage to fit in the word limit ?? Just part A took me 120 words !
Reply 138
Original post by Shamyssir
Yeah I've done research on Mars and distances. How did you manage to fit in the word limit ?? Just part A took me 120 words !

I didn't count. But I did try to reduce word count by including more diagrams and charts as much as possible as words explaining diagrams doesn't count into word count. I suspect my word count for pure text exceeded the word limit but in my opinion it is more important to express yourself properly than to follow the word limit and end up the reader can't understand you fully.

This is just my experience don't have to follow
Original post by JF-17
do some practice questions from online engineering websites :smile:

Cheers mate! Do u have any websites?
I've tried I want to study engineering
But idk others

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending