Original post by JF-17
Yes! Iwanttostudyengineering is the best one :smile:

You can look at isaac physics for more questions :smile:

thanks a lot!

Do u feel that a lot of the iwanttostudyengineering is above our current level

They're way tooo tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 142
Hi all, I'm a Scottish applicant with an interview on March 2nd. Any particular tips? I plan on fully familiarising myself with my PS, prepping for typical interview Qs and looking over maths/physics in preparation. Is there much else that can be done? Not much info is provided by the Uni but I guess that's the point :smile:
Hey again do you have to calculate everything on your own or are you supposed to use existing models for the overseas interview ? x) (such as length of travel)
Reply 144
Original post by Shamyssir
Hey again do you have to calculate everything on your own or are you supposed to use existing models for the overseas interview ? x) (such as length of travel)

Whatever they need u to calculate you probably have learnt it before (eg escape velocity) so just do the calculations they ask u and if there's any other calculation that you deem related just include that as well. As I said, no one has went to the mars before so you have to use the concepts used on lunar travel and apply where suitable.
Original post by camp14
Hi all, I'm a Scottish applicant with an interview on March 2nd. Any particular tips? I plan on fully familiarising myself with my PS, prepping for typical interview Qs and looking over maths/physics in preparation. Is there much else that can be done? Not much info is provided by the Uni but I guess that's the point :smile:

Hey mate
Scottish applicant too

I'm worried about my interview tooo
Have u practised with I want to study engineering
If u have

Have you found it reallly difficult?

Also can I ask if you're private or state school applicant😊

Reply 146
Original post by onlyvips
Hey mate
Scottish applicant too

I'm worried about my interview tooo
Have u practised with I want to study engineering
If u have

Have you found it reallly difficult?

Also can I ask if you're private or state school applicant😊

I haven't really done much preparation for the interview yet tbh. I have had a look through some of the I Want to Study Engineering questions and yes, they do look quite hard and scary, especially some of the physics topics :frown:

And I'm a state school applicant, how about you?
Original post by Shamyssir
Same here for the overseas interview ! A bit strange as I am French student though !
Hope the question won't be too hard I saw this question about paper falling from a helicopter the other day and it's so far from what we have done in school !
Sounds funny though

Aren't EU applicants invited to the interview in London usually ?
Do you currently study in France ?
I'm French too btw.
Original post by camp14
I haven't really done much preparation for the interview yet tbh. I have had a look through some of the I Want to Study Engineering questions and yes, they do look quite hard and scary, especially some of the physics topics :frown:

And I'm a state school applicant, how about you?

Me too dude I'm state school too
It sucks cos the I want to study engineering question are hard
I'm sure they'll adjust for Us as they said that they take different qualifications into consideration
What subjects did you do and what are ur past grades 😊

Reply 149
I'm sure they'll adjust for Us as they said that they take different qualifications into consideration

I hope they do adjust them according to our system, as there's definitely a difference in topics/the order we do things compared to the English system.

I got 5As at higher in maths, physics, chemistry, english and french. Currently taking maths, physics and chemistry at advanced. How about you?
Original post by mat7276
Aren't EU applicants invited to the interview in London usually ?
Do you currently study in France ?
I'm French too btw.

Hey, yeah they usually are, and yes I study around Paris, in a famous Lycée International !
I thought they didn't ask me to come as they sent me the invitation a few days before the process started...
Original post by camp14
I hope they do adjust them according to our system, as there's definitely a difference in topics/the order we do things compared to the English system.

I got 5As at higher in maths, physics, chemistry, english and french. Currently taking maths, physics and chemistry at advanced. How about you?

Awesome bro

I got 5As at Higher for Math Physics Chem Business and English

I'm doing the same subjects at AH as u

Yeah the topics seem fairly similar
But the order is wayyy too different

Where else did u apply?

Reply 152
Awesome bro

I got 5As at Higher for Math Physics Chem Business and English

I'm doing the same subjects at AH as u

Yeah the topics seem fairly similar
But the order is wayyy too different

Where else did u apply?

Nice :smile: and other than Imperial, I applied to Bristol Aero, Glasgow Aero, Edinburgh ChemEng and Heriot-Watt ChemEng (yep, Aero and Chem is a bit of a strange combination haha), where else did you apply?
Original post by camp14
Nice :smile: and other than Imperial, I applied to Bristol Aero, Glasgow Aero, Edinburgh ChemEng and Heriot-Watt ChemEng (yep, Aero and Chem is a bit of a strange combination haha), where else did you apply?

Yeah haha must have been a challenge on your personal statement

I applied to Glasgow (Aero) UCL (MechENG) Southampton (Aero) Imperial (Aero) and Cambridge

Got offers for everything except Cambridge (rejected post intervieew sadly)

But imperial has always been my first choice
Hopefully they'll accept me

Original post by Ayman!
I just got an invite to do the overseas interview. The project sounds like it'll be good fun

yeehh yay
when is ur interview?

mine is on 3rd of march but imperial didnt inform the time yet.
I think the interview will be more like a general question on yourself (rather than asking maths and physics questions) because there are already math and physics works to do in coursework.
Reply 155
Hi!

EU applicant here, IB 40 predicted. I have interview on 1st of March, during my mocks, so I'm dying inside tbh.

Am I the only one who struggles with answering the questions as they look ridiculously simple at first? Well, one day to go it is :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Can somebody share information on what they were asked during their interview? Nothing too specific but how hard was it? Harder than Iwanttostudyengineering questions?
Original post by yangkaraka
yeehh yay
when is ur interview?

mine is on 3rd of march but imperial didnt inform the time yet.
I think the interview will be more like a general question on yourself (rather than asking maths and physics questions) because there are already math and physics works to do in coursework.

Hey, sorry for the late reply I don't really use TSR anymore.

I did the Overseas "Interview" which is a written project. Already submitted it this Sunday.
Original post by hussainabass98
Can somebody share information on what they were asked during their interview? Nothing too specific but how hard was it? Harder than Iwanttostudyengineering questions?

Bump^

Reply 159

Yes! They are hard and don't worry guys they aren't going to give us that hard question. Anyone going down for interview on Wednesday?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending